The Official Modern Disney-Haters' Club 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Walabio
Group Admin

As we all know, Disney has trouble with its movies lately. This is especially true of int inhouse movies, but not so much for its acquisitions like Marvel and Pizar, which continue to do what they did before Disney. Lucas is an interesting case because it shut down and reopening under new bad management from Disney.

In late 2019, a disease with a 2% fatality-rate appeared. It is CoViD-19 (CoronaVirusDisease-2019). We identified the virus and named it SARS-CoV-2 (SevereAcuteRespiratorySyndrome-CoronaVirus-2). If that name sounds familiar, that is because SARS-CoV-1 (SevereAcuteRespiratorySyndrome-CoronaVirus-1) caused SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), a disease with fatality-rate of 10%; but luckily however, was not very contagious and sicken only a myriad and killed only a kilo from 2002 to 2004.

We cannot stop everything for a disease which kills only 1 person, but if a disease is as fatal as Pneumonic Plague (Fatality-Rate of 95%), we cannot ignore it. The threshold is set at 1% fatality-rate because we had to set it somewhere and 1% is a nice round number.

We closed entertainment because people do not need entertainment and people congregating at entertainment spreads disease. This brings us to the PixarMovies being released now:

Disney releases Soul, Luca, and Turning Red. Soul is out now. I saw it. It is good; it is much better than LightYear —— ⸘what the Tartarus went wrong in the production of LightYear‽

Whether Pixar maintains the quality of Soul or LightYear is the new normal, we do not know.

Walabio
Group Admin

I saw Turning Red. Pixar did not loose its touch when it made this movie. This movie does not suffer from Disney meddling at Pixar.

Walabio
Group Admin

I saw Luca today. It is good:

I do not know whether Lightyear was a fluke or the new normal, but if it is the new normal, the problem did not start with the these movies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3