Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So I'm up against Mane-iac, on Horne River. The only problem is that she keeps oneshotting my party. I can't keep Zecora alive AT ALL, because every time Mane-iac says "Your rhymes are annoying!", she OHKO her. I have nothing that can protect against it, not enough levels (I'm assuming) to beat her normally (seeing as she will one shot my entire party regardless, the damage is usually 200+, and Luna is the only one above 200 HP), and even though I'm on an emulator (SNES9XGX for the Homebrew), I don't have a snapshot save far enough back to grind for levels.

What do I do???

Is your party in the back row or front row? You can change their rows by going to the menu, moving your cursor to the left where the character icons are, then double select them to change their rows.

They're in the front row. I tried putting Zecora in the back row, along with Luna and Twilight (the whole squishy wizard thing is a bit of a game killer...), but the Mane-iac seems to be able to hit all rows at the same time... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only 1 row could be attacked at a time?

The front row and back row mechanic doesn't really change who they can target. It just changes the damage output for physical attacks. I'm guessing the attack that is giving you trouble is her Hairsnap attack. If your party is in the back row, they'll take half damage from that. But in turn, if your party is using their basic Fight attack, they'll also being doing half damage. Zecora should have something called Alchemy, which gives decent free healing to your party. But if the Mane-iac keeps focusing on her, try having her Defend, which can be done by pressing right on their menu when it's their turn.

Ok, so here's my current strategy:

Tia in first.
Luna in second.
Twilight in third.
Zecora in fourth.

Zecora loads first. Alchemy.
Twilight loads second. Bolt.
Tia loads third. Fire.
Luna loads last. Moonbolt.

After this, things get a little crazy. Twilight always dies first, due to her being a squishy wizard, then Luna dies, and after I rez them, Tia dies. Then twilight dies again, Luna dies again, Tia dies, then finally Zecora.

My biggest concern with the tactic you're proposing is that it might affect pummel and moonbolt. Other than that, it sounds like a sound tactic.

Try and explain what move the Mane-iac is using and how much damage they're doing to the party. Also specify if they were in the front or back row.

My biggest concern with the tactic you're proposing is that it might affect pummel and moonbolt. Other than that, it sounds like a sound tactic.

Staying alive is kinda more important than doing more damage, especially if it's one-shotting you. And since being in the back row doesn't affect Alchemy and Zecora needs to stay alive, I see no reason to leave her in the front. Most Magic attacks and Skills aren't affected by row, so it's generally always a better idea to keep them in the back row.

Ok so I can survive her singular hair attack, not the personalized one. It does about 90 damage to the party member that receives it.

The hair snap is what gets me. It attacks my entire party, doing about 100-130 damage. Since twilight has the lowest health at 168, I'm having to heal her constantly. Zecora has 186, Luna 206, and Tia 189.

Everyone has been in the front row up until now. I haven't changed it.

100-130 damage to the whole party while they're in the front row? Yeah, put them in the back row, and you'll see a huge difference in their survivability. (Especially for Zecora)

Ok, so I moved everyone to the back row and was able to survive long enough to pelt Mane-iac with Bolt, Fire and Moonbolt (which I think should be renamed to Moonbeam). Hair Snap was getting to me, and after 20-odd tries of dying, I took a break. When I loaded up again, I was able to breeze past her. Thanks for the help!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9