Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Why was everyone so harsh about Starlight when she was first reformed? I personally preferred her as an antagonist, but she's alright as Twilight's student. There were people writing stories or making artwork of her being executed, tortured or raped. Isn't that a bit flipping extreme? I've noticed a certain level of...blood thirst in some parts of the Brony community that trouble me.

Stories involving things like that being done to Starlight are very disturbing and are things I refuse to have anything to do with. Starlight has been my favorite character ever since she first showed up. Now I have written fics where she does the killing or she causes other ponies to torture others.

I will admit that I am guilty of blood lust although mine involve Colgate as a brutal murderer although in "Don't Mess With Fluttershy's Mare," Starlight and Fluttershy tortured Sunburst to death for him hitting on Starlight and in "A Great and Powerful Wrath," Trixie tortured Sunburst to death to keep him away from Starlight.

Because some people seem to have no sense of proportion. That they choose to express these things at all is somewhat troubling. That they seem to think this is rational or behavior otherwise worth approval is odd.

It doesn't become acceptable just because you choose to make Starlight the one inflicting things upon others. You're still engaging in disturbing behavior, and producing unpleasant material. If this is what kind of artist you want to be, by all means, you do you. But don't think you're in some kind of high ground just because you happen to like a particular character that some other people also like.

Because some people are so entitled to karma that they believe she deserves to suffer the worst imaginable fate.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4