Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

Congratulations! You've made it this far, meaning you're either legitimately interested in this project or just trying to humor me. For the sake of this group though, let's just say that it's the former.

Anyway, I believe introductions are in order.

My name is Lord of Nothing, and I live a reasonably happy life. Chrysalis is one of my favorite MLP characters, and I'm going to ascend to the next state of being once this new Star Wars finally comes out.

Nice to meet you, too, by the way.

So, you're probably looking at the name of this group and doing a bit of head scratching.

"The First Great Changeling War?" you ask. "Well, that just doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before."

This is totally acceptable, of course, as the First Great Changeling War is entirely made up. Yep. I'd say the only thing that really happens that matches up with the show is that Chrysalis loses and Luna is eventually banished sometime after the conflict ends. This provides both myself and you all the ability to play with the idea of great armies clashing against one another in an epic conflict for the very fate of Equestria (up until the inevitable ending, of course).

This is all fine and good, yes, but there is one catch: this conflict, as I have envisioned it, does not occur during the time of the show. No fact, it occurs at least a good one thousand years before the show begins, which, unfortunately, means that you couldn't have Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash team up for an ultra sick takedown of, like, thirty Changelings at once.

Now, I'm certain that I'm not explaining this as best I could, so, before I continue any further, let me throw it out there that you can and should ask any questions you have. I know for a fact that I would hate to be a part of something and not entirely know what was happening.

Which leads me right to what I was going to talk about next - how the heck this crazy thing is actually going to work.

So, every now and then, I'll post something to the board, which will usually be marked with something like "STORY UPDATE: [Insert Section Name], [Insert Part of Section]". Contained within each of these special threads will be a few things, including (but not limited to) a brief timeline of major events occur if within that specific section of the story, and extra notes to expound upon things that might need a bit more explaining to get everybody fully onboard.

This is where you come in.

I'd love to try and create something unique with other users here, and I feel that this is a pretty good way to do just that.

You, being the creative little scamp you are, would read the story update post, and then hopefully get to work creating a story of any length that you think would be interesting to see either before, during, or after that event.

Basically, I'm posting the skeleton, then all of us are coming together to really flesh it out.

Let's say then, just to give an example, that I post something that looks like this in a story update:

Friday, January 3rd, 1008

• On the one-year anniversary of her becoming the queen of Mephisto Hive, the C.W.F.M. attempt to assassinate Chrysalis.
• Chrysalis goes into hiding, seeking refuge in her private chambers.

You could potentially read that and say, "Gee, attempting to assassinate Chrysalis? I sure do wonder how that event went down! Oh, or maybe what happened in the aftermath of that! Yeah!" From there, you'd write up some perspective on that event.

I feel like I'm just kind of rambling here, so hopefully at least a few of you are keeping up with this all.

Alright, I think that's enough for now. I guess I'll no doubt have to explain/clarify a few things, but I just want to once again say that one of the main goals of this group is to have fun while trying to make something unique, so please do not hesitate to tell me if something is just absolutely no fun.

I will make another post that goes a bit more in-depth with some rules (submissions, limits, etcetera) later.

Thank you all again very much for joining, and I'd absolutely love to hear all of your thoughts/questions/rambles down below.

Hm. Quite an interesting concept. I'd love to know more. Maybe when I get my computer back, I could make a few chapters for this story.

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

4911618 4911756
Awesome, very glad to hear it! I'm working through the rest of the rules/whatever else now, so expect it sometime later tonight.

4911904 cool. I would like to know more about this fic. Like, is it going to be a T or M rated fic?

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

Well, I think that would really depend on what people do. I mean, I wouldn't want to make it where everyone has to keep it down in the Teens, but I also don't want people to make their stories ultra-Mature. Does that make sense?

I believe I'll end up setting the story as Mature though when putting everything together.

Anything else?

4912725 I think I'll get it when ya post the rules.

4910734 Interesting idea. Count me in.

One question: Will we consider the background story of Chrysalis presented in the comics to be canon? At the very least it would be a good source of inspiration, if nothing else.

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

Which background story are you referring to? I think I only ever read up to about Issue #13 of the main series before losing touch with it. Is it still a pretty good read?

Lord of Nothing
Group Admin

I would edit the original comment, but there's a better chance of you seeing this.

I was completely unaware of any of that background, and, while it is pretty neat (especially that King Orion stuff), I wouldn't consider it canon to this. 'm only saying that because myself and another user had already come up with the origins of all of this. However, that's not to say that Chrysalis couldn't maybe take an interest in King Orion's city during this conflict, and then head out and conquer it after this story has been told.

I've got some things to think about now, I guess.

4913468 Alright. Don't forget the city of Trot and its egoistic ruler :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11