Wonderverse Art Museum 47 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
ShadowStrike11
Group Admin

Just something to discuss while I fail to think of a theme for an upcoming art contest. This topic just popped into my mind while trying to draw realistic ponies. I hope it isn't as random as I think it is.

So who are some artists you like or look up to? And what do you like about their art?

4908058 shock and awe on deviant

Calm Wind
Group Admin

Aoki:

Matteo:

There are times when certain forms of art can humble others... i don't think i could even describe with words the amount of detail he has put into some of the things he has shown me.

Foxena!!! Without a doubt. The way she does expressions is AMAZING! I would kill to draw like that!

Also this you tuber- tony crynight. His art style very cartoonish, but his technique is really good!! I love his animations and plan on making my own in the future

I like Emala Jiss' work on YouTube.

ShadowStrike11
Group Admin

Agreed. His sketches are some of the best I've seen.

ShadowStrike11
Group Admin

Yeah, Foxena's art is quite amazing. I did try to imitate her style and it wasn't easy.

Foxena, Aoki and Mark Crilley (from YouTube, he has a published mangos books too)

4908058 Foxena, definitely. Although sometimes she pulls a Fallout 3 and makes even the most youthful of ponies look grizzled and old. Not to mention Scootafail.

Also PonyThroat. He dedicates damn near all of his art skills to vore, but he's bafflingly talented nonetheless.

Noble Savage can also make good cartoony ponies by hand.

And you've probably never heard of him, but the YouTuber "Eclectic Art Asylum" has the most mind-blowing skills in unconventional art, including MS Paint, popsicles, chocolate, and ketchup.

I aspire to have the talent of any of these people. I know it'll never happen, but I can dream.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9