Classic T&F Fan Group 6 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

The first seven seasons had some incredible music, including several smash hits, all from the combined talents of Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell. But out of all the songs for the classic series, which ones are your favorite and why?

My favorite songs are as follows:

This "demo" version sounds more relaxing than the offical sing-along version with the choir, and thus captures the intended laid back feel of this song perfectly. It helps that the singer (supposedly Junior Campbell) sounds like Paul McCartney.

It's so catchy and quickly gets stuck in your head, which is what any good song should do. This is one of those songs that was developed from a pre-existing character theme, in this case the theme for Terrence The Tractor.

More so than any other song of the classic series, this one feels like a fitting tribute to the late Rev. W. Awardy the writer of The Railway Series which inspired the television show. Besides that, this song has that peaceful vibe to it that truly makes you feel happy.

Whenever Bill and Ben are on screen, this song immediately pops into my mind. I think that's a good testment to how catchy and irresistable this song is, especially since it's in the same category as "Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover" of being a song developed from a character theme.

This is one of two songs recorded for the original series that never saw a home media release, except for a special CD. It's a real pity, because this song is catchy beyond all belief and really deserved to be on a home media release (it probably could've been on "Trackside Tunes" instead of "Accidents Happen").

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1