Classic T&F Fan Group 6 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Of the narrators for the classic series, who was your favorite and why?

The following narrators were used for the first seven seasons of the show in the U.K. and the U.S.:
Ringo Starr (Seasons 1-2 U.K. and U.S.)
George Carlin (Seasons 1-4 U.S.)
Michael Angelis (Seasons 3-7 U.K.)
Alec Baldwin (Seasons 5-6 U.S.)
Michael Brandon (Season 7, and a few redubs of Season 6 U.S.)

My favorite is or I should say favorites are: Ringo Starr and George Carlin. Both of them had the most energy in their performances, truly making each character unique, though George was a bit more enthusiastic when narrating the sound effects.

5376833 Ringo was really good for the first narrator, I think he improved a little in Season 2 compared to Season 1, as some of his earliest narrations sound a bit flat (like "Edward and Gordon"), but I can understand why, Ringo was probably finding his voice and hadn't fully worked out how he felt each character should sound.

Galaxy Nebula
Group Admin

5376819 George Carlin and Alec Baldwin ALL THE WAY!!!!! :yay: *clears throat* Sorry, I just kind of grew up on them when I was little. :twilightsheepish:

5376849 I did too. But while I really love Alec's Season 5 narrations, his Season 6 narrations are a huge drop in quality and he didn't seem to put much of an effort in anymore. The fact that he quit suddenly indicates he probably wasn't happy about narrating anymore, likely due to Thomas and The Magic Railroad.

5376871 That's a little understandable, probably because there was a five year gap between Seasons 2 and 3, during which time Britt was mostly interested in bringing Thomas to the U.S.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7