Bloodborne, Dark Souls, the Hunter's Dream 160 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So, I have a few concerns to anyone who reads my stories, but first a little disclaimer.

Now I don't want to step on anyones beliefs so know when I say "GOD" in this case I' referring to the definition as follows: god/goddess: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity. (Ponies in this case) So with that out of the way I wish this to be clean if possible so no one bash anyone for their beliefs in the blog please. Let's have a nice clean discussion NOT about religion but the misuse of the term "GOD/GODDESS" in the fandom.

Now for some fun pics to get the mood in order.
Twilight's CDO (OCD)

There are three kinds of Natzis in the world, fascist Nazis, Neo Nazis, Twilight is the worst one... she a GRAMMAR NAZI.

Now, I get it my stories aren't for everyone. I'm a novice writer, AT BEST, and do try to improve my skills as time progresses, but I write for fun usually and don't really care until today.

Now, in my story Firekeeper, it tells a tale of the Fire Keeper from Dark Souls 3 and how she lives in Equestria (which is the same world as Dark Souls so it's not a displaced story) For those who don't know what a displaced story is, it's basically where a character from one universe is stuck in another one by some means. Like if Batman went to Equestria which is two separate worlds.

In Firekeeper I made it the same world just Equestria is the the 'future' of Dark Souls world.

Now, that being said the idea, and purpose of this is to get something out of the way I've been holding back on for sometime now. What defines a 'GOD' in MLP for me and my stories.

Now, a god in this case, as is with MLPFIM, is a being of extraordinary power usually unrivaled by any other. Which in Discords case we know is NOT true. Discord is a "GOD" in title only. They way people view a "GOD" in this fandom is this all powerful being that has no equal AND IS ALL POWERFUL, Like Q from Star Trek. Even though he sin't a "GOD" but a more evolved being that again, imply has no equal, except for the other Qs, but i digress.

Discord isn't a "GOD" by the means people tend to use him. He has been beaten by common mortal ponies, alicorns (who again are "Goddesses" by dictionary definitions but I'll get to why that sin't true either later) and Fluttershy cause friendship is the best way to win someone.:scootangel: Good going Flutters. YOU should have been Princess of Friendship.

Now out of concern for the individual who started this chain of events, shall go unnamed, but they voiced a concern with my latest chapter in Firekeeper and how I literally killed a "GOD" off also many important characters, more on that later. :raritywink:. Again I get it. It wasn't their cup of tea. They came in feeling it was a story about the Fire keeper from Dark Souls 3 being able to fit into Equestrian society. And it is that, but there is a reason I put Dark and Gore tags on and all the build up I had certainly didn't leave out the possibility of a bloodbath like the individual voiced their concern about. That's fine, I like to build up and sometimes things get really intense for my readers OR I accidentally ffend them with what something that haapened in my story was about. It happens, we've all been there or seen it but what gets me is why you'd expect other wise when certain tags are added and you get this false sense of what a stories about. To the individual who I refere to, again it's fine they were very polite in a message to me about it and that's all I ask.

The concern is mostly about the Discord thing. Now, I want to clear one thing up right now my faithful viewers and readers, I DON'T LIKE DISCORD! He's an interesting character and I love De Lancie, but Discord is just such a headache to watch. In a good way. When I see him I know the show is gonna be interesting and he always twists things the right way to keep me interested. It's a love hate relationship for the character and me. Ilove Discords concept, but I don't LIKE the character. Make sense? I can only handle him in small doses.

Now, the "GOD" thing.

In Dark Souls in general Gods are these powerful enigmas we don't really see or meet. (At least not from my perspective and I could be completely wrong too) Celestia and Luna too have often been thrown into this category numerous times since this fandom came to be. The concern with me is that one can 'become an alicorn'. When a god exists it should be all powerful and have no equal rival, except for maybe a rival god, like Greek Gods and what not. Discord then shows up out of th eblue and is suddnely this powerful thing that only by the use of the Element's of Harmony, and dumb luck Discords a dork, can defeat him. I mean let's face it, he only got beat becase he was caught off guard BOTH times cause he thought he was in no danger. Granted the second time with the Elements of Harmony he worked hard to break them apart so it was alright for him to overlook the immenenet danger they possesed after they escaped his maze back then.

Now going by the dictionary defention of a GOD Discord IS one. Unfortuantely that doesn't mean he's invincible. Imortality, depending on how it's interpreted and how things are setup in a fandom, work piece, or writing can mean many things. DBZ fans know immortality to mean indestructible or can never die. Now the definition of imortality as said by google is this: living forever; never dying or decaying.

depending on ones interpretation that can mean many things. To me it simply means you won't die from age or decay. You can still die from other means. Like gettin gstabbed in the face or die from disease. Someone else might define the living portion as they could never be killed by ANY means. That is the very root of the problem with claiming a character to be a GOD in anything especially MLP.

(Remember I'd get to why Clestia and Luna technically aren't goddesses by definition? Here's why.)
Discord is a GOD by dictionary definition of a god or goddess. A super-being who (in this case) has powers over nature and is immortal. Or at least until confirmed or denied in the show later) Celstia and Luna are Goddesses by this definition too. For they control nature through their magic over the sun and moon, but here's the discrepancy PONIES use to do this BEFORE the sisters were around.

So, when the normal ponies use to move celestial bodies does it make them gods/goddesses?

To me, absolutely not. They were normal ponies who did a job at the time.

"Hey Steve we're moving the sun! Let's go!"

"Oh.... *Cough* *cough* sorry Steel, I can't i'm sick. Can you have Misty cover for me please? Bad cause of Horn Flu."

"Sure Steve, get better soon!"

"Thanks Steel, tell misty i'm sorry for the inconvenience."

That's how I thought of it in my head anyways. :trollestia: Now, you get Celestia and Luna who we have no idea where they came from. based off the reaction of Flurry Heart and Twilight's acesion, it's only seems that the only explanation for alicorns existing is through ascension. Again to be confirmed or not in the show later. Cause Celestia herself said and 'alicorn was never born through the unicorn of a unicorn and alicorn before'. Granted there was more to that conversation that could also mean only two alicorns could mate to make another alicorn, but again interpretation friends. isn't it fun! headcannon all around!:facehoof:

So before I rant again about something nonsensical, I don't think GOD is a good word for use in this fandom because of the wide interpretations and implications it could have. I'm sorry Discord, Celestia, and Luna fans but that's why I actively avoid using them in my stories. Calling something a god while comparing it to Christian God or some other "God" (Depending on your religion or beliefs) can change your views on such characters.

SPOILERS FOR FIRE-KEEPER HERE!!!!! In Dark Souls we never really meet god/goddesses, BUT there is one being that has the ability to "KILL" them apparently and tat's the Halfbreed Priscilla from Dark Souls. She wields powerful scythe that can kill gods apparently and that was why she was sealed away. Now, because we don't really know how gods function in Dark Souls, at east I barely do, we can go based off everything we know about Priscilla that GODS in Dark Souls are physical beings because it's hard to use a scythe on something that isn't physical. Hence why I feel Discord, and the Royal sisters are god/goddesses by the definition: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes. (Ponies) BUT they aren't indestructible. Celestia can be hurt and presumably killed if injured to that point. Discord is harder to say but that's because he's never been hurt before.

Now my fave point to this conversation, Tirek. He took Discords power and rendered him useless. That proves Discord has a limit to his power otherwise Tirek would have been unstoppable. Then again the show does love the Deus ex machina approach so, meh. My point is that Discord is a god, but people misinterpret what a god is by comparing them to "God". There's a big difference. That's just my opinion and I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, bu t I want to hear what you have to say!

Leave a comment below and tell me how you feel about the topic of Discord, and the Royal Sisters and comparing them to be gods/goddesses. I like to hear peoples opinions and expand my understanding of how others think. remember the only bad idea is the one that's never shared! Remember to keep it clean and if i see any flaming or roughhousing I will report discrimination to staff/admins. KK? So share your thoughts! And remember to read rate love and tolerate as always!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1