The Eye of Cygnus 94 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

September 4 1979 3:33 AM

My name is David Sullivan, I'm a third rate Las Vegas Private Investigator. Last Tuesday I was in my black 1967 Ford Mustang eating a beef brisket sandwich, with a pickle and a bottle of coke, parked across a rundown Mexican Cantina, in the middle of the Nevada desert. Why? Because I was hired to tail some accountant that started stealing from under his bosses nose. I was wearing what I usually wear during these some worn jeans, my trusty black leather jacket, and my black boots. Why is that important? So that you know who they belonged too when you find them.

The lamp post next to the Cantina was flickering on and off, giving off this of buzzing noise that you usually hear from electric lines. As soon as I consider giving my sandwich a second bite. I see this young woman, pretty thing, red head with some blond streaks in an odd bacon like pattern, wearing some jeans, boots, and a leather jacket. She was holding the right side of her abdomen, and then she noticed the car, and probably my stupid face as I was looking straight at her from where I was sitting. She then ran as fast as possible towards the car, which wasn't much because she stumbled a couple of times on the way.

She then started banging on my car door.

"Help, let me in, please!"

She was tanned and had some incredible green eyes, that where right at that moment bloodshot and covered in tears. Her black jacket and pink blouse where covered in blood. Not being a cold bastard, I let her in as fast as I could. Once she in the car the rusted iron smell of blood, and her sweat reached in confirming to me that this was real.

Then we heard it.

The single worst sound I have heard in my life. A shriek equal parts roar, and sloshing gargle that sounded like something out of the deepest parts of of the human psyche. Like some primordial fear that remains because we evolved specifically to avoid it.

Bacon Hair then looked at me and yelled.

"DRIVE!"

So I do exactly that, I turn on the ignition and floor the pedal, I get into the street heading deeper into the desert away from the Cantina, I must have been going at eighty miles per hour, when we entered some freakish sandstorm in the middle of the night. I lost control and we both crashed into an empty barn.

I get my bearings, and I leave the car, I thin go to the passenger seat to get Bacon Hair, I notice once I opened the door that she was had been bleeding, a lot, and that she was loosing consciousness.

I pull her out quickly and drag her to the nearest of the barns support beams. She having difficulty keeping her eyes open, so i decided to cheek the right side of her abdomen to see extent of the damage, considering that it was where her bleeding was coming from. I lift up her blouse to see, and I notice a deep gash like you would expect from a machete. So I acted quickly and I took the needle form my sowing kit, and fishing wire from trunk, along with a bottle of Scotch that I started immediately pouring it over her wound.

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" She screamed at the stinging of the alcohol.

Then I pulled out the lighter out of my jacket, and started cauterizing her wound. She screamed louder.

"AAAAAAAAAGGHH!!!!! MOTHERFUCKER! GHAAA!!!"

Hearing was breaking my heart, I had to listened to it, and I couldn't do anything about the pain, I stopped the bleeding at least.

I then brought the bottle over an had her drink some of the leftover scotch to numb the agony a little. I then took the needle and fishing wire and started stitching the gash closed.

"Dammit, Ah!!"

She was still in pain but she started yelling less.

Then I read a growl, something that didn't register in my mind as an animal. Bacon Hair was looking with her tear filled eyes right at me. I start turning my head and then I noticed that my right arm was missing, and that it was at the right side of the barn still twitching, as if it had only being attached to my shoulder half a second ago, somehow I wasn't feeling the pain. Then I felt being impaled from my back by something, I looked down and I saw an appendage that I couldn't identify. But it was sharp, and then Everything went black...

And that is the story of my death.

I wrote this based on a nightmare that I had the other night. I'm still haunted by it.

The only thing I really changed was the name and the fact that I may have thrown Sunset Shimmer my sandwich by accident.

SORRY SUNSET, I FAILED YOU!!! :raritycry:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1