The Eye of Cygnus 94 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

When it comes to writing and you as the writer create an awkward moment, be it intentional or accidental, how do you chose to handle it? Do you barrel through it and just hope it works out? Do you try and tip toe around the issue and hope it resolves itself later? Or do you take the same route as Blind Ferret Entertainment, pick up the moment and see how far you can take it till it becomes funny?

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5108702 It definitely depends on the scene and how things are being played out in the story for sure. :)

5114311 It really would, one thing I notice with Blind Ferret is they aim for those awkward moments just for the humor that exists within them. How about you, depending on how a story is going what would you do?

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5114320 I think you have to think about a character's motivations/ their personality and what would be an awkward situation for them based on those things. For example, it would be awkward for Fluttershy not to have tea ready for friends. It might even cause her a little anxiety. But this isn't necessarily the case for Twilight or any of the other of the mane six.

5114333 True, quite true.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5114343 Then I think one also needs to consider things that are just awkward in general, like burping in public or something. In other words, things that go against social expectations/ norms for etiquette or socially acceptable behavior.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6