Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
MoralSupport4
Group Admin

I was saving this for next EWW, but I felt the need to say this now.
Choices pile. It's that simple. A small choice one decides to make may remain so. But made repeatedly over time, those choices pile up. One begins to justify their actions more and more. They begin to become who oneself is. These choices you make, will eventually fill your being. So, my friend, choose wisely.
Why am I telling you this?
Because, after a very long, exhausting week, I have found something I have been doing wrong my entire life. My mistake is this: I live each day like my self-value is riding on EVERYTHING. This, I consciously know is incorrect, but I do it anyway. And the thing is, I've finally decided I've had enough of living that way. It's going to take some training, some time, some fighting myself in ways I've lived my entire life, but I have hope. May we fight our flaws together, my friend.
May we fight.

Je défends toujours,
--MoralSupport4

4984342 Will you be spending more time for the things you actually like, even if they don't bring you extra social acceptance points?

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

4984364 I don't think that's my problem. I'm spending plenty of time in my interests whether they're cool or not. What I was talking about is my talents. At every single thing I do, I find someone - most people in fact - surpassing me in every measure of performance. Which is fine starting out, but over time . . . it starts to pile up.
I'm working on it. On playing life like my self-worth isn't on the line every step of the way - because truly, it isn't. I know what I'm worth and no occasional ski crash, no bad review, can take that away from me. :twilightsmile:
Anyway, I just thought I'd talk to you guys about it . . . because that's really kinda what we're about. That's why I brought us together - is to help each other become better people. And that's simply not going to happen if we only ever show our best. It's true our weaknesses are our own, and sometimes they should stay personal, but there's also times we need someone to stand with. I guess . . . I guess I just want to know we trust each other here. Because we're friends.

4986695 I think I understand you know.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, actually...

Hi, I'm Bad, and I'm not the best person at everything in the whole world. Some people are better than me at some things... :fluttershyouch:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4