Cool Group Bro.... Needs More Ponies 53 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So, for all of you who follow this group, you may have noticed my new story Outliers. It is meant to explore the strange and the weird incidents that come about because of the resurgence of magic in North America, as outlined in our founding story trilogy. The issue is that while I do have some ideas, I don't feel I have enough.

Hence this thread.

If you have an idea for some weird magical happening to throw at Ray, Leonard, and Melody, drop a comment here. It could just be a magical crime, or some sort of animal from the wilds, or a spell gone wrong. Just... give me something to work with.

I would not call it magical, but I would like to see an adult who does not have a cutie mark. It could be seen as they somehow removed it, but when they transformed they did not have it and has no interest in gaining one. It would be unusual and definitely something that I could see these guys looking into it.

Someone accidentally creating a second Mirror Pool. (As well as the subsequent madness clean up from said event)
Magic enhanced and fueled Bar Fight.
Religious cult being formed and going nuts over Celly, Lulu, Twi, and/or Cadence. (or even Angela's image possibly)
Magic mad unicorn (who can't even cast a proper spell) attempting to take over a town.
Florida Man given physical form.
Enchanted Deadpool Comic. (Only use as last resort or for seperate story)
aaaaaand that's all I got for now. Go nuts.

If I was writing weird magical based scenarios in a transformed to be like Equestria North America, I'd focus on the following possibilities:

Humans who arrive in the continent afterwards and can still learn and use human-style magic, especially since it's no longer secret. Especially since the number one easiest magic to use is transformation, and you can use your own chi to power it, like Angela has always done, and as we saw from the epilogue, it can overwrite the pony transformation temporarily.

Magical plants or animals that appear (this was specifically mentioned as waiting for the other shoe to drop in the epilogue of the main story).
-after all, Poison Joke is a weed.
-animals in general are more intelligent, could have weird behavior, especially from stray populations like dogs or cats? I mean, ponies are the same size as most stray dog populations now. And they are all more intelligent... could have weird psuedo intelligent behavior like tribalism start to pop up.
-In Equestria, there is the Everfree Forest, a forest that is wild magic and stuff like the weather controlling itself. There are areas that are depopulated in North America that are wild, would they revert to such a state? Recall what other stuff we've seen in the Everfree or related areas like the Boggy Swamp or Fire Pits: Chimeras, Cockatrices, Manticores, Rockadiles, Timberwolves... to name a few. Those last ones are basically related to existing animals. What if in areas like Florida you start seeing Alligators mutate to be other stuff? And so on.
-In general, areas of wild magic with weird effects. Permanent fog, random tornados, areas that start to develop crystal deposits in huge amounts like the Crystal Empire or the Canterlot Caverns...

Also all I mentioned were seemingly wild effects. You could have non-wild stuff from botched magical experiments. Especially with crystals, since it's suggested they are used that way on the show.

Don't forget, Zecora apparently had a completely different theme on tribal-style magics, and as that was inside Equestria, there is no reason such stuff couldn't happen in a modified North America.

There are a ton of avenues you can take. Be it trying to combat the overall transformation effect on North America to industrialized accidents involving magic, just like what happens in real life all the time with industrial accidents... except magic isn't involved.

...what's a Florida Man?

I could envision nature being able to sort of fight back. Seeing as of right now, all of North America is a big Everfree Forest, one can expect weird activity occurring when people/ponies start messing with it, which could lead to groups changing to a more simple lifestyle where they live in balance with nature, or they start developing a way to contain this natural magic, which could mean it would lead to a more concentrated area of natural magic, and in turn into their own wild Everfree.

Another thing which I borrow the idea from another story, is that there is a field of magic that now surrounds North America, and if ponies leave it, then they will find it harder to use magic in their respective ways, all because the area they are has an inactive field of magic, and the more pony magic it's used, the more of the field gets activated and becomes easier to use magic there.

Another fun little thing that could be done is the addition of pets behaving as actual companions that one can rely to as a person. Imagine vets now actually being able to ask their patients what's wrong.

One final idea could be the application of ponies taking drugs and having unexpected effects on the magical level, having surges or even behaving completely differently as to how it should do to a.human.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7