Cool Group Bro.... Needs More Ponies 53 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 156 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 156
Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4824566 I'm a fan of... knowing things. So I do random research into a range of topics. And I'm also a furry and a fan of anthros, so I do research into animal/human blending myths ever so often. Chased the concept across so many mythologies. It's one of those ideas that make you wonder why most cultural groups seem to have myths so similar. Maybe it's just human nature to project humanity unto the wild? or to desire it? Pretty sure I read an article saying something like that.

As cute as they would be, unfortunately that's a couple generations down... maybe a one shot of the future. A quick glimpse into the future of the continent? Could be an interesting story idea if you found something to do with it...

But yeah, the the unguligrade would have a bit touchy balance. But still, don't underestimate a biosystem's ability for self sufficiency. Particularly balance. Between the inner ear, the tail and a few other biosystems, they would be fairly well off. Might still have something of an odd gait. If you're interested, I can actually dig up some old research I found of people's analysis of how digitigrade and unguligrade locomotion would work. Tad more rolling than our plantigrade, but not a wobble. The odd part would be how the lower legs flex with each step.

A one shot into the future? I don't know by how much to make the time jump to make it seem real, maybe a century? Maybe the one shot could be about a pony who has grown up in this new US, but after so long, he/she wants to go outside of it, to where magic hasn't really touched the world, from old stories of how humans lived, and how he/she wants to see it.

I'm sure I could come up with a better plot line, but I'm just giving an example of how we could introduce Humanized pony anthros.

Well, you could search it if you want, but I got a feeling, or at least as to me trying to walk backwards to have the closest thing to what biped ponies would feel, I'll say that at first they would have like a bounce on their step, at least for the first generation for them or when they are infants, afterwards it wouldn't be noticeable like the bounce that even humans have, very hard to notice unless you look for it.

I just got a new biology based point, seeing as ponies have really large eyes, does this mean they are easier to damage by rays of light or energy? Or does it make them more resistant? I always imagined that because they have so large eyes they see the colors of the spectrum more vibrant than humans do. It most likely is wrong, but its fun to think so.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Gah! Now I'm the one with the bad ideas! *whacks self with the idea bane broomstick* It's a neat concept though... someone who's never seen the reality outside of the magic rich continent. Will definitely be a jarring experience to feel the difference between their normal and a chi scare land, no matter what tribe. I wonder how they would consider uncontrolled weather. I know they would read about it and see it on television (somewhat...), but still...

Yeah, looks like there would still be a bounce in their step. Could be cute. But a bounce in the step is the least odd thing about fuzzy anthro ponies :p But who knows how the gait would even out.

Hmm... a larger eye would allow for more rods and cones and such. Might make them have better vision in lower light conditions, but the show has evidence against that... Rather... maybe the larger eyes are what let them see chi and magic clearer than a human can? Perhaps they do see colours more vibrantly than humans to. Maybe that correlates to how magic something is too? The magic the more 'intense' or 'pastel' the colour? So they do see the colours differently from humans... I don't know why, but I love that idea XD

What if it were backwards? We know that the Archterra affected everything in a radios. So, what if it reached a plane going overseas? A couple of ponies managing to leave the US, but now are stuck in another country by DISPEL forces? But after the news of DISPEL revealing themselves in America, what if the ones in the other countries reveal themselves? And in turn, have to let out all the ponies that they had in custody. While I'm sure that DISPEL would most likely try to send this ponies back to the US, what is a few choose not to? Refusing to go because they rather not return to a land so different, because they wanted to escape America in the first place, or because they have their lives in this other country? So the question would be, how would a pony grow if it lived in a land inhabited mostly by humans and with no natural chi in the air? Only the one they posses. It would make for a really nice Slice of Life read if you ask me.

I still think that it would develop and evolve to a point the bounce is as noticible as the one on humans, or at least subconsciously. As to the gait, which I searched and found out its how animals adapt to terrains, I'd say that it would allow them to walk on more uneven terrain, as long at it is not rocky, but feel uncomfortable when doing so on hard stone like concrete or road. But that is only if they have the hoof feet variant, which they should if they have actual hindlegs.

I like it too, plus it explains why everything is so vibrant in Equestria and ponies don't seem to be bothered by how intense they are, because we as an audience are seeing it through the eyes of a pony. So, if we as humans were to go there, we either A, find the colors too vibrant to our eyes and irritating, or B, the colors we see are darker and duller than the ones we see in the show.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Ponies seeking refuge status off continent? Or just travellers who happened to be caught in the spell range on their way back home. Either way, ponies caught in the spell yet overseas because of timing. It would be interesting... Different ways to start it but yeah. I wonder how much reach DISPEL actually has... And what other nations version are like. Or if they would even have any. A lot of traditions are mainly oral rather than recorded. Or need the oral to understand the recorded. *shrugs*

To be fair, concrete or road isn't all that comfortable for our feet bare either :rainbowlaugh: That might be where horse shoes come in though. Or... slippers. Horse sneakers? Pony sneakers? Meh. Just 'shoes' or 'hoofwear' is fine.

Huh... pony version of high heels? Would be... shoes with hock/gaskin/thigh high... whatevers (like socks?) I heard that heels cause the legs to flex and the ass more noticeable so... *shrug* Why am I even thinking about this...

Ponies might also be more aware of the differences between colour too. Easier for them to tell two shades apart than it is for the average human.

Maybe it could lead to the discovery of the Archterra for other continents, seeing as ponies will have a better sense with magic, maybe they could feel where it may be.

Oh I can see an argument like that between a pony artist and a human one. "I'm telling you! This is pastel blue! Not cream blue! - And I'm telling you! This is definitely cream blue! I've been doing this for years! You stupid pony! - well I got better eyesight than you then!" XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4827215 Something for adventurous ponies to do. Try and seek out evidences of other continent's Sources. A good place to start would be proving the existences of ley lines... *has new ideas*

It's a neat little utility power that may or may not have a wide range of applications. Like seeing hidden texts, maybe even medicine, noticing changes to biology earlier.... But a human and pony in art school would be hilarious.

"Daring Do, and the Altar of Change." XD

True, and I have to wonder if some pegasus will try to eventually make houses out of clouds. And if the cloud walking spell, permanent edition, ever is made, what will the price tag be for them? XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4828448 Good question... it seems as if the fanon of cloudstone is canon, considering the final shots from Daring Don't and that scene in Tanks for the Memories, so cloud houses wouldn't need it. Twilight also said the cloud walking spell wasn't... actually, considering a Unicorn would have to make that spell in this setting, it's gonna depend on who comes across it. Hopefully not some company who will inflate the price for greed...

Actually... combine it with human magic traditions, and we could easier make cloud walking fetishes (okay, trinkets?) that run off the wear's personal magic/chi rather than needing a unicorn to cast it.

That is another aspect which could have been changed after the transformation, ponies are less subconsciously driven by greed and corruption like humans would. Maybe even decreasing crimes by a large percentage. I won't say it would make all forms of evil disappear, but make people less likely to fall into them.

I can see the first prototypes being very uncomfortable, slowly replaying it with more comfortable materials.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

I raise you Filthy Rich, driving by provide, Spoiled Rotten, driven by arrogance and disdain of others, Prince Blueblood, also arrogant, the Tomato salespony and Crafty Crate from Putting your Hoof Down, The Flim Flam Brothers, Wind Rider from Rarity Investigates, even Sassy Saddles in a way.

But you're still likely right in some senses. Maybe. Man I hope the whole 'master race' concept doesn't take off... It's why I'm big on the idea of the tribal magics (and have show evidence to prove the existence of the underexplored schools of earth pony magics!)

Of course prototypes would be awkward. Look at what early walkie talkies and cellphones were like!

I recently found a story with the MC musing on blending pony and human tech, and the idea of storm power plants hit me the most. I already thought of pegasi managed wind farms, but set up a storm in an isolated area and you can harvest a ton of power from it's cascading effects!

Um... what was I talking about again? :rainbowderp:

(wait... when did we reach three pages? :rainbowhuh:)

True, but in all societies, there is always some sort of corruption. And all the ones presented in a public manner were minor at best.

Maybe they develop slip on horseshoes, like instead on needing to hammer them to keep them in place, they are safely secured to the hoof, and can be removed when one wants. And maybe instead of just shoes, well, shoes for the beginning phase, but after some major reworkings, maybe it can be put as slip ins for shoes. You know, the piece of fabric that goes inside the shoe to provide some comfort.

Talk about clean renewable energy, hopefully.

The power of non-stop discussion my friend.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4829334 We already have slip-on shoes for horses. We have horse sneakers. Because no way I'm letting anyone nail something on my feet if I went pony XD

Also, socks with soles is a possibility. More like gloves in a sense.

Storms generate a lot of power that we can't reliably utilize, but with controlled weather? That would change. It would certainly be impressive to watch those storms work, a thick mass of dark clouds raging over a field of lightning and collection rods, funnelling the power into high capacity power cells to be distributed into the grid at a later time...

Well, it seems you know a lot about animals in general, that or you research a lot in a short period of time.

I was referring the soles for human shoes, but socks with soles would be interesting, if a bit too showy seeing as they are the underwear version for ponies in a sense. XD

You love this storm harness idea, don't you.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Both actually. I'm good with general and comparative biology. And I'm also fast with doing net research. Wikipedia is a wonderful thing, but only one of the many tools of research in my arsenal.

They would come in handy for winter though, the soled sock idea. Keep the legs warm.

I do :rainbowlaugh:

As a Uni student over in UK I can tell you this, never, trust wikipedia. Try to find more official sites related to the stuff you are researching, maybe even using Google Scholar.

Do you know what I also think could be an interesting point to explore? Cutie Marks, they represent someone's special talent, but does that mean that in a job interview if they see you with a Cutie Mark that is not related to their job then you won't be hired? Or will you have less chances to be picked? And does a Cutie Mark restricts one individual to hone their skills on that particular area? Or will their human side allow them to still be able to have more than one talent and learn to do other stuff?

I'm wondering how much this discussion is changing your ideas for your story, which I think you are doing.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Wiki's not accepted for University level work mostly because it's not a peer reviewed research paper. That and people can edit it, and something might slip past their trained editors/moderators/contributors. It's good for basic fact and knowledge though. And following their reference links is fun at times. I still hold to that 2-5 collaborating sources think I got drilled into me in one class.

That's... and interesting question. It wouldn't take long for the importance of cutie marks to spread, so it's a valid method. Maybe a mix of responses? Best case scenario, they treat cutie marks like how they treat degrees. Degrees: 'what skills does your degree give you that would apply to the position here?' Cutie Marks: 'what talents does your cutie mark represent that would apply to the position here?'

We have seen that cutie marks are far more... nebulous than they first appear. But the closer your mark is to the job, yeh, the more chances you would get, I would think.

I've been mentally sketching out plot ideas for a story, yes. These talks having been adding substance and such to it.

Well, that's a valid point, I may try to do that for future research papers, only if they are in the four year mark, any more and its not usable for reports, at least to the uni I'm in.

So we have cover a lot of stuff that can be addressed for the world right now. I'll leave the part where unicorns and alicorn could have the ability to move celestial objects. Because I doubt even a sick overlord with magic powers would want to mess with nature to that scale.......hopefully.

Another subject which could involve the world as a whole, would be how the new land of US could be a major exporter of green goods and agriculture, seeing as they would be able to produce food faster than normal plants would, and maybe even be better than the normal one. So would this mean that the pricing would be very high because of quality or low because of the yield of the product? I don't know.

And how long until you may start working on it? *looks in anticipation.*

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Yeah, a professor of mine spent half a lecture explaining the pros and cons of Wikipedia to our class. He was, basically, one of those professors who disapproved of the 'Wikipedia bad' outlook a lot of schools pushed. Wikipedia just has it's place. Personal curiosity? It's a good stop. Academic papers? It's one of the potential places to find sources.

I doubt any unicorn in our verse would have that much power. I don't even know if Angela would have that much power. Plus, Equestria's star system is... different XD
A unicorn Cabal would be interesting though. Not sure what they would do with all their pool power though. Try to teleport drugs across the border instead of hoofing it? Pony Organized Crime :rainbowlaugh: But less criminally minded, search and rescue? Producing magic supplies for outside the North American's reaches?

That's... a good question. They can produce more for less effort, but what they produce is better... Hmm... I suppose it would depend on the farmer/company? They are getting more yield for less effort on their part, so they are still saving even if they don't change the pricing, since they are putting in less labour for the same amount of crop.

A while. I'm in over my head on project. Want to finish at least one story before starting another. But know me? I'll get bored and start it randomly ahead of schedule...

And now you have made me think of the military applications this change will have. Apart for finding a way for non-unicorns to use firearms, they will try to create not only non-lethal systems for crowd control in riots and the lot, but also the mass war applications like single out enemies from allies and civilians, infiltration, combat efficiency and support, heck, they could even try to blend in as animals outside of the US.

I feel like the prices could remain the same or lowered up to 10%, the ones who would abuse this would be the ones who buy the products from overseas to sell them to the public in that country.

I also wonder how will celebrities act after this, both youtube and the entertainment industry. Imagine if PewDiePie had been in the US when it happened. :rainbowderp: Oh God.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Saddle mounted weaponry comes to mind. And it would allow for larger loads too. Guns with lever triggers for hoof held? Or just larger trigger and trigger guard? New crowd control would be needed somewhat. The basics would work maybe? Have to take into considering the new body shapes and such...

Man... imagine a Pinkie like pony doing infiltration XD But the military, and the police, and enforcement in general, are gonna have to do some hard core retraining for everyone.

It is exotic now... I wonder how willing some countries would be to import it since it's technically magic food now.

I've been wondering what the movie industry would do. Would they just scrap partially completed projects? Start them over? Continue as if nothing happened?
The Vloggers and other such youtube folk would likely have a field day with this. I wonder how close bronies would have been to what their cutie marks are...

I feel like the mouth trigger devices that Fallout Equestria used would work well for a base line. As for crowd control I feel in the following decades maybe paralyzing stunt spells, you know, like a grenade that when detonated it paralyses all within the blast radios.

Imagine if there was a literally Pinkie like pony, bending the laws of physic and realizing they are in a story. :rainbowderp: I don't think even Angela could even explain it. But retraining will be a must, although imagine all those Captains and Generals, all those years of experienced gone, only leadership and tactical planning remaining.

I can imagine a few hundred, anything to make a buck.

I feel like cancel the shows in production and having to hire replacements for the actors for the ongoing ones. Although I can see some shows being stubborn and adapting their show with the ponies, claiming it was some sort of chemical accident or something.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4838408 Considering what we knew of human ritual circles, it might be possible indeed. Stun charms, barrier/hold/detainment spells than can be triggered by anyone and not just unicorns...

Looked up the mouth triggers, yeah, those could work fine. Easy enough to work with. We just need some standing bows for sports.

Ha! Weaponized Crowd Songs! Bardic crowd control. Or people trained to defuse tense situations either with a calming song or derailing and reaming a mob song :rainbowlaugh:

Nah, reality itself is subjective! But they may just prove the parallel universe theory. So... win win?

There are gonna be a whole lot of reruns going on for a while XD
Some shows might just run with it once their actors adjust to everything. No use crying over spilled milk. The soap operas will love it for one. Especially if only some of their actors were hit XD

I have to wonder what kind of precautions will police place for unicorns, as I doubt we have suppression magic rings for their horns, at least for a while.

Don't forget how will they be able to reload the gun without magic or a munition belt, so maybe a unicorn handler will be a must for reloading and unjaming of equipment during firefights? They may be as crucial as a combat medic. Or even a radio officer.

And now I'm thinking of playing the Rick Roll song and Baby. :pinkiesick:

Which could lead to the actual Equestria being discovered. Can you imagine Angela and Discord together? :rainbowderp: We are doomed.

I have to wonder, will this change make finding people in a crowd even easier than before? Or will celebrities be able to walk around in public without being recognised as much?

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Depends. DISPEL had the means to neutralize magic, and the concept of antimagic is a common one, as is the concepts of grounding and blocking power sources. Given motivation and that fact that it's not entirely a new concept, it might come around sooner than expected. The question is how would it work? Canon wise we've seen that Sombra's crystals can block magic flow and crystals have a weird effect on magic flow so looking into different crystaline properies would be a place to start.

Throw back to the days of having a second for your gun fights. Mind you, gun fights aren't often as dramatic as needing multiple reloads or jamming a lot with modern tech, not with magazines that hold 10+ bullets. Unless its like in war or those somewhat rare full out shootouts. And magazines aren't that hard to swap out. Reloading the magazine is the tricky one. So that's more off the field... Or I might have totally missed the point of your comment XD

Now you're thinking about Thriller with ponies pulling it off to an epic level. That or Gangnam Style.:trollestia:

Reality Trek

Realities: the unknown frontier. These are the voyages of the voidship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, finding the world that inspired us, to boldly go where no pony has gone before.

I dunno... Cutie Marks would be a big tell...

I guess equipment which could supress magic would be easier than I would have imagined.

I meant more for the saddle weapinary, seeing as they would take advantage of it to put more heavy and powerful weapons than just rifles. LMGs comes to mind, and even now they recommend a second man when handling an LMG as it will prevent jams from happening as often as well as putting a new belt in quicker than if one guys did it, not to mention to carry extra ammo.

I feel taboo ponies would be offended. :facehoof: Still, would be hilarious to watch. :rainbowlaugh:

A story you worked on?

Nothing like pants or make up like Starlight used to hide it.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

In theory. Finding the material with the right properties might still be tricky.

Definitely need a second to care that equipment. Ideally a Unicorn teamed with an earth pony for the larger guns or a pegasus for the ligher guns. Quick support tied with mobility. That's just a very... puzzle piece thinking though. Either way, it would be two or more pony teams. One carrying the weapon and one or more supports.

Taboo pony baiting might be the next big thing for kids :rainbowlaugh:

No, just rewrote the opening for Star Trek XD

That would work, actually. Pants and/or make up. *nods* Ponies might look alike, but a different cutie mark? Give them some clothes on top if it...

I feel that once they find it, or make an alloy for it, it will be called mythrill, actually, is it even an actual metal in real life?

Yeah, but imagine installing sniper rifles for those combat saddles, if that soldier is able to train with it enough, they may be able to even take out two targets at once, not to mention that one pony is enough to change mags, although I think a Pegasus would be better as a sniper seeing as they may be able to predict wind changes as well as know the humidity of the air and how it will change the bullet's flight.

Now we are picking on those poor guys. It's like we are bullies. XD

Still makes the discovery of Equestria a possibility.

True, but if one wants their clothes to be more personal, now they can order them with their cutie mark printed on them. XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Nah, Mithrill (or how ever you spell it, it depends on source/setting) is entirely fictional. Never heard of it being used in antimagic contexts though... It would be an important discovery though. One that I really want to call dibs on now XD Who ever discovers it could be set for life from patents. Security systems would be tripping over themselves to get it. Health care as well, since you don't want magic surges negatively affecting patients...

You really wanna see ponies in war, don't you? XD

They are such easy targets though! :raritydespair: And I never said I was a nice pony... :trollestia:

Indeed it does. Though it would raise a lot of questions if they find it. Even more questions than it would answer.

Mass produced clothing might see something of a decline in favour of smaller local producers. Or in the least local tailors and dressmakers would can alter clothing and customize them. People might even start putting cutie marks on their belongs. I know I would... I bought a smiley face button once I used to put on my everything till I lost it (it fell off somewhere).

Go and write that story of yours already then! XD

I just love the concept and contrast of it, having lovable and hugable ponies who you would want to have; engaged in grim and life changing conflict situations, why do you think I love Fallout Equestria so much? :3

If you read my previous statement, then you know I'm not one either. :pinkiecrazy:

Maybe not physically, but more as a ethereal link that Angela is able to access? That, or the mirror picks up the magical residue of Earth since magic similar to Equestria has appeared.

And you could mass produce clothing which has the cutie mark of a famous celebrity, maybe even add a magical signature to make them even more expensive.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

I started working on a one shot but writing progress stalled for reasons as of yet unclear. Contributors are the PF game I'm running and watching Log Horizon (and the stupid fic ideas it's spawning...) however.

I wonder what pony body armour wuold cover... the vital areas are different from humans... The quadruped stance protects some of the vitals a bit better... it also lets them manage heavier armour than a human would with greater ease... hmm... There is still the mobility issue... and fabric on fur... maybe something that breathes with inserts over it?
Also, stumbled across this while looking at historical horse armour XD

Might be a two sided issue... Taboo Ponies, and the Agitators...

Would it be a conscious or subconscious link on Angela's end?

... Can you reproduce someone's cutie mark without their express permission?

Because of how strong ponies are compared to humans, I'll say that they could carry up to twice as much body armour as humans, at least in best case scenario and if they are earth ponies. As to areas of protection, extra keblar plates on the sides of the body, and the normal placement on the front, not sure underneath since it would be very unlikely they would stand on their hindlegs, unless biped ponies I guess. Minimal protection on the legs as humans would get for theirs, maybe even shave manes and tails to reduced risks of it getting tangled and being spotted.

You know something we haven't covered? Is how many bronies would try to move to the US after they heat of this change, and how many of them would be very touchy and clingy to be around ponies. Also, would they try to pet ponies as cats and dogs? Or would they respect them as individuals and not degrade them?

I feel it would be like a feeling which Angela gets from time to time, like when you get the feeling you are being watched, only this is more of a nagging like some voice or entity. Maybe she would be able to connect to Celestia.

Get an agent which will take any way to monetize someone's popularity and you know it will happen. Specially like groups as One Direction.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Something to protect the family jewels too XD The neck would be important. It is quite a bit longer on a pony than a human. Wings for pegasi and batponies would be tricky. You don't want to hamper them, but they are possible targets. Sad...
Military cuts for ponies would be interesting indeed. Now... it's unclear what pony tails are like... early episodes and some cuts indicate it's like horse tails, mostly hair, but there there was that shot from Leap of faith that shows otherwise... consistency... Whatever...

That's... a marvelous question... North America might see an increase in immigration. Or at least tourism. From not only foreign bronies but also people just curious. Might be invading personal space to try and pet someone, but it's not that much different than a massage. Or patting a child on the head. :rainbowlaugh:

Some guiding influence as she puts order to things.
I've been thinking about the continent chi thing. What is it like on the outskirts? Does chi slowly peter out? Or does it just cut off? Is there a wall of turbulent weather where the earth's natural weather patterns and the magic controlled/dependent ones meet?
Actually... could we resurrect Atlantis? Maybe Atlantis was other continents Archterra and it sank into the sea when they used it for a Nation Level Spell...

:rainbowlaugh: 'Get Brad Pitt Cutie Mark Stickers here!'

The rear bit may require some protection, but we would sacrifice some mobility if we did, and the neck area I think some keblar mesh like we see bomb defusers use would be the only way to protect them without sacrificing mobility, it wouldn't stop a large calibre round like an AK, but could deviate the trajectory course a bit, maybe enough to miss the neck.

I heard that there is this thing called like a keblar blanket or curtain, which offers some bullet resistance and doesn't restrict as much movement.

I like to think that pony had a deformity which made his tail bone, or skin, grow much longer than normal, resulting into a mouse like tail. Because lets be honest, if tails were that long then we would see more nimble movement from tails, and no, applejack doesn't prove otherwise because that comes from practice using a lasso with her tail.

I'm pretty sure most of the US would be put off or find annoying the prospect of getting their personal space invaded, regardless if getting pet is like a miniature massage on their heads. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the ones getting pet start purring and meowing from it. XD

Yeah, I mean if someone here decides to make a story surrounding Angela and the others, then it would be nice that at the end of that story we see Angela, in her ethereal domain, talking to Celestia.

I feels like it dwindles out, otherwise I think the two weather patterns would clash against each other and destroy the border in a way.

And now I'm picturing a sea of mares just trying to get cutie mark related merchandise of Lautner Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. :facehoof:

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Military boots for ponies would be interesting as well. The hindlegs are fine, but the forelegs might be more like gloves. I'm sure they would be able to figure things out when it comes to it. It would be criminal to do otherwise. Police protection would likely focus on the chest and shoulders, maybe some of the barrel.

Could just be 'they don't use it much'. Applebloom used hers for hoop twirling. Twilight did make Spike a kick-board in the first episode... Pinkie is never the best example for things, but she has used hers as a helicopter, and both her and Fluttershy have wrapped their tails around branches to hand from. The Cakes have used theirs to carry things. So have the Apples... The lasso could be an example of what tails can be used for, should the pony in question choice to put the effort into learning it. Feet and toes can be almost as nimble as fingers if you work at it. Most just don't.
Maybe tail docking is something some pony families do to males (since they tend to be the ones with short tails)? Like circumcision? An earth pony thing? Maybe they are like lizard tails, slowly growing back over time?

Open petting salons. Were people can learn how to pet ponies and ponies can get a relaxing petting after a stressful day.

Astral Space Skype (TM).

A wall of dangerous weather isolating the continent! Mwuhahahahaha! *coughs* But yeah, it's more likely it just thins out and fades to nothing.

Okay, that would be hilarious.

4799707 I have this sinking feeling that we'll need to take these up into various votes and eventually make a lore doc out of the results. Trying to follow this tread is making my head hurt.:applejackconfused:

Who wants to be the poor sap privileged individual that gets to do so?

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4859276 Not gonna lie... the idea of coming up with a survey/vote list and compiling a lore sounds fun, but I don't wanna have to reread all this stuff :rainbowlaugh:

bluemoon1996
Group Admin

Not even really paying attention to this to be honest

And a thought occurred to me earlier in regards to Taharis and the whole "Is he a pony now or not?" question. From what we know, Chi replenishes over time, but from where? Does the soul gather it from the external world, or does it just self replicate or something crazy like that? Cause if it's the first, then there might be some very very very very VERY troubling possibilities, seeing as a certain someone nearly depleted his soul just to cast Nature's Uprising.

1: If his Chi does replenish from exterior means, then he would be absorbing Chi from a very damaged source when he was meant to be transformed.
2: This Chi would be very imbalanced and wild compared to both Human and Pony Chi/Magic/Ect.
3: What kind of being is also Imbalanced and wild when it comes to magic?

To put it bluntly, we might have Earth's very first Draconequus on our hands. And considering his mental stability, that's a terrifying thought.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4952876 That's... very terrifying. Considering his daughter was a fan, he might know of a draconequus' potential too...

4953262 Speaking of said daughter, What's going to happen to her? Her dad's been incarcerated, her mother's dead, and everyone in the world is now pastel horses.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4953291 Ray and I had commented on that a while back... in passing. We would have assumed DISPEL might have taken charge of her, but Canary did point out they were more than likely disbanded. So she is likely just in the foster system somewhere... Whether or not one of the DISPEL former agents would (or be allowed to) take charge of her... Maybe Angela's family adopts her?

4953300 Angela's family adopting her sounds like it would be the most likely thing to happen. Dispel would more then likely be disbanded and then have only a few members rehired into a new department. Perhaps a special division dedicated to any Magic related crime? I just managed to think of an Acronym for it too!

S.E.A.L. (Specialized Enforcement of Arcane Law)

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4953374 Them adopting her is touching too. Shows they don't hold the sin of the father against the child. Helps give both parties something they lost...

They really do love their acronyms :rainbowlaugh:

4953478 S.E.A.L. Agents. Half thing they're working for S.H.E.I.L.D., the other half are veterans of DISPEL. XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4953577 Not gonna lie, S.H.E.I.L.D. was the first think I thought of. They would have some major oversight, considering what their predecessor was like. Likely multinational. Possibly future ties the UN as knowledge of Magic being real spreads around the world?

Maybe they try to make their own alicorn too...

4953583 I can see it now! The agent that becomes the Alicorn is~!...... The janitor. XD

4780824 In regards to a timeline, I think that we should put "A Few Weeks" at around 3. And seeing as Finals for a US school are around beginning of the last week, that would be about... Early May/Late April, so Spring would be in the air. Huh.... that's actually a little fitting for what happened to the world. Season of life and all that. XD

But yeah, the change would take place in a probable time span of Late April to Early May.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4956172 May is a good month. Aside from Memorial Day and Mother's Day, it doesn't really have much going for it. Now it's Magic Day.

Archterra Day? ... Pony Day?

EDIT: I just realized Starscribe's LPOE series happens in May too XD
May is a cross dimensional Ponification month :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 156