Padded Ponies United 447 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

Another year has come and gone, so it's time to take a look back some of the best padded works cranked out in 2017.

Just like last year's list, there are a few rules that need to be mentioned first:
1. Only one fic per author may be accepted: This is so the list isn't completely dominated by authors like Foal Star.
2. Self promotion is allowed: If you wrote a fic you're particularly proud of, feel free to boast about it. But if possible, try to put another author's work in the number one spot.
3. Linking to the stories is not allowed: Because some of the stories that will be talked about could have an M for Mature rating, site rules state that Mature content cannot be linked. Cutting out links will also help to make this thread load easier, search the group if a particular story catches your eye.
4. Please be respectful of authors and fellow group members: You don't have to agree with everything posted here, but like always common courtesy is expected and appreciated.
5. Include a brief statement about why you chose the fics: In order to determine the best of the best, it helps if you can mention what is you liked about the fics you chose.
6. The fics must have been published (or updated at least once) in 2017: We're talking about the best fics of 2017, so anything that didn't get published or updated that year can't count. There's a top ten list for 2016 and 2015 if older fics tickle your fancy.

And now, here's my top ten list. Feel free to include your own:
10. Baby Twily and Mommy Celestia by glittersparkle413: While it only updated once this year, the update was well worth it. Spike is a very interesting character for padded works, and the chapter he was included in was quite sweet. It also had a nice twist revelation at the end, which I won't spoil for those interested in reading it.
9. Tending Twilight by Hodgepodge: This fic was still in its infancy in 2016, but it really came into its own late in 2017. The conflict when Twilight comes out to Applejack is one very rarely seen in padded pony fics, and although I'm not too much a fan of the immediate aftermath, the most recent chapter has left me mostly optimistic about this fic's progress and potential.
8. Fluttershy the Foalsitter by Oliver-England: I'm gonna be honest, the ending was more or less what put this fic on the list. It's not that I didn't like what was there before, I feel kind of guilty that I couldn't enjoy the prospect of Fluttershy babying Sweetie Belle as much as I wanted to. The ending tied up everything sweetly (pardon the pun), hence why I'm putting it here.
7. A Delicate Relationship by dobby22: dobby22 has some interesting padded pony works under his (or possibly her, my apologies if I got the gender wrong) belt. I was tempted to include the one with Starlight and Trixie, but this one felt cuter and a tad bit stronger. Rainbow Dash's parents do strike me as the sort who would gladly baby their child if given half the chance, and the inclusion of Scootaloo was a clever touch, though perhaps a little cliche at the end.
6. Diamond's Diaper Playdates by SuperPinkBrony12 (me): I wrote fewer padded pony works this year compared to last year, which is something I'm fine with because I didn't originally join the site to write padded pony stories. I like all of the ones I wrote, but I had the most fun with this one, particularly since it meant considering ideas and characters I hadn't really explored before. Heck, this is partially what made me write my padded Spoiled Rich fic later in 2017.
5. A Glimmer of the Past by milesprower06: For only his second ageplay story (and the first non-sexual one), milesprower056 has been doing a pretty good job. This one has a little of everything, age regression, diaper useage, and even spanking. It's a pretty good exploration of Starlight's psyche as well, and again I'm glad to see that she's taken so well to the realm of padded ponies.
4. A Spoiled Foal by Foal Star: Foal Star has a real knack for age regression stories, not only in writing hilarious hijinks and adorable moments, but also exploring the mental side of things. Of his many stories I've had the honor of proofreading, this one was a particular joy to watch from start to finish, especially once it started delving into Spoiled struggling against her foalish instincts. It's kind of a shame there's not a ton of padded Spoiled content.
3. Scootaloo's Nursery by Matt11: Following up on the success of one of his better padded pony works from the previous year, Matt11 decided to go more heavily into ageplay territory here, and it works wonders. Scootaloo's reluctance about everything contrasts well with Sweetie Belle's full on embracing of it, and it's even nice that there's some conflict of Rarity taking a while to come around to the idea. Plus, there's some good humor and conflict.
2. A Diamond in Padding by Zubric: Diamond Tiara may have fallen by the wayside and been forgotten in the show, but in fanfiction she's remained a popular character. And fics like this show that there are still plenty of writers out there eager to throw her into padded situations. This one does feel a bit like "Twilight and Rarity Go to the Spa", but it has a unique enough identity to stand on its own. It's mostly light on the padded content, but it makes up for it with remarkable character moments.
1. Suri's Modeling Gig by Wandering Pigeon: Wandering Pigeon has truly cemented himself as a solid padded pony writer, and at this point he's just about done it all. But of his many strong works for the year, I find myself coming back to this one a lot of times, because it's so well written. Nothing feels out of place, or like the story is just dragging its heels, and it works wonders with a character most wouldn't take a second glance at. But I think what really makes this fic stand out, is what happens at the very end with Suri and Coco, it's an unexpected development that manages to subvert your expectations going into it. It also leaves you with speculation as to who Photo Finish's client actually is, which any good story should leave you wanting more.

Maybe my only story for the moment?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2