The Comment Sanctuary 68 members · 214 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Just a bit of clarification: Should stories that were meant to be one-shots but had been, or are going to be, expanded upon still count as one shots, or should they go somewhere else?

DeadpoolMLP
Group Admin

4748516 good question... I think if they originally planned to be one shots but expanded should be treated as they were originally intended to be...one shots UNLESS That story evolved into something more than what it was originally intended to be. For Example: My story Nightfury was originally going to be a one shot spin off of my first fic that can be found on Fanfiction.net...admittedly it isn't that good but that's besides the point, the point is after coming up with ideas for the one shot that became Nightfury I realized what a gold mine Nigthfury's premise was for new ideas and to create dedicated backstory and world for this character to live in. After coming up with some new Ideas Nightfury quickly evolved into it's own entity and quickly grew and evolved into what it is today THAT is what I mean by a fic evolving beyond it's original idea but if the fic is still running off the same idea and was just expanded upon with that idea still as the focus then yeah I'd still treat it as a one shot. Hope that helps:pinkiehappy:

All right, I just wanted to make sure. Granted, the story I was thinking of was just a one shot that needed to be expanded in order to meet the minimum word count, but the example you set forth leaves no room for doubt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3