Sombra and Fluttershy Shipping 112 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

I'm assuming we've all seen introduction threads before. Tell us a little about yourself, don't be shy.

I'll start

Name:

Bluegrass Brooke

Primary focus on the site:

Writing

Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it?

I have a donkeysona! I love donkeys. ^.^ I chose this in part because my personality is very much like a donkey. I'll do work and I'll do it hard, but when pushed to far, I blow a gasket and lash out at just about anyone. You don't want to be anywhere near me when I'm mad.

Why do you ship Sombra and Fluttershy? Or, alternatively, why did you join the group?

I LOVE this pairing! Oh my stars. [Squeee!] Because Flutters has an infectious kindness you just can't help but admire. If anyone in the whole wide world can love Sombra, it's her! Poor Sombra gets next to no characterization in the show. I don't consider the comics canon. So, he's got a lot of potential I can work with as a writer.

Sombra's already serious and that's my specialty! I love being able to write a character serious without getting scolded for him not reading canon. I imagine he'd be a lot harder to reform than Discord and will never really make it all the way. Still, I see his relationship with Flutters as being really genuine and heartfelt. Flutters would help encourage Sombra to be a kinder, more empathatic person while he would challenge her to step out of her comfort zone without overshadowing her in an unhealthy way.

So, yeah, I just love the chemistry between these two and want to see more!

What's your favorite kind of story?

Slow paced, emotionally dark, slice of life fics with a well-developed romance. Ideally, the main characters will get seriously injured at some point, the more pain the better as long as they live through it. :pinkiecrazy:

What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader (in general)?

Dark, heavily emotional scenes with a lot of internal conflict and character development. I want the character to be in pain emotionally and physically as it really makes me relate to that character on a deeper level. I also want to see the character change for the better, to stumble along the way, but in the end go more towards the right. In all my stories, I try to include a scenes like this as these scenes are always the ones that stick with me the most.

Favorite episode and why?

The Return of Harmony because I was introduced to my favorite character, Discord!

Why are you here and what would you like to contribute?

I was sooo happy to get hooked on these two together. It's the newsest ship of mine, but it's also the one that excites me the most because of the untapped potential. I made this groups in the hopes that it'll inspire some more SombraShy fics and artwork.

What can I contribute? My organizational skills. XD That's a thing, right? Also, my talent as a writer.

Fun Fact about yourself:

I've worked with horses for ten years now, handling, riding, driving, and whatever else I can do at the stable. I don't own a horse, but I do volunteer. This equestrian knowledge leaks into my writing at times. One of my biggest pet peeves is people calling horses' coats "fur." It's not fur, it's coat or hairs! Urgh.

Name:
Nightmare Moon

Primary focus on the site:
READING WOOT WOOT

Yes. And thank you. And I like him. And stuff. And he totally isn't in my next story. And he totally doesnt have a bg love interest.

Why do you ship Sombra and Fluttershy? Or, alternatively, why did you join the group?
Mainly because I want Flutters to get her villain! I mean, honestly, that pegasus screams villainous love interest.

I've already told you in TCARW Audio Book(I think) But I like dark/sad romances, like Gone, Gone, Gone.

Scenes like the first kiss, etc, the final time that lovers have, so on.

Party of one. Best pony finally gets more characterization then just 'hyper active party pony'

... Sombrashy. YEAH! :insert bulk icon: And I shall contribute fluff and cuteness, distilled into drawings.
What can I contribute? Sombry and Shy being adorable.
Fun Fact about yourself:
I.... like....

*Dramatic pause then drum roll*

SHIPPIN'!!! YEAH!

Name: TheBookish_Disaster!

Primary focus on the site: Reading fics :derpytongue2:

Do you have a persona/OC on the site: Not really, but my name is kinda based on a nickname of my pony-sona. Dislight Swirl AKA Dissy AKA Disaster, lol!

Why did you join this group: I saw your latest story and then I checked the comic it was based on and I couldn't help but fall inlove with this pairing! :pinkiehappy: Now I want more. .-.

What's your favorite kind of story: Pretty much either dark, romance, slice of life or comedy, slice of life and maybe romance and such. To describe more, I enjoyed works like This Cruel and Random World, Twilight at the Disco, Learning ABCs: Adorable, Bothersome, Chaotic and many others (Forgive me for these fics only being Discolight. I enjoy that ship way too much.......)

What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader: Either really serious scenes with those deep talks or comedy gold scenes :rainbowlaugh: Oh, and those awkward moments such as someone spots the two main characters of the romance kissing and other awkward moments in witch I feel the need to close my laptop, lay on my bed and squeel. Yup.

Favorite episode and why: "Three is a crowd" because that's when I discovered the ship that ruined my life....... Woop!

Why are you here: To read and see cool artworks, duuh!

Fun fact about yourself: I draw ponies. A lot. And I hate that I can't draw Discord. But I am sure after some time, I will get so hooked into SombraShy, my whole notebooks will be filled with cute doodles of those two :twilightblush:
UPDATE: I have drawn one. :rainbowderp:

Name: ADRNEL

Primary focus on the site: Writing, of course

Not really

Best pony with best villain?! Shit son, that's an automatic join right there.

Slice-of-life with some comedy or dark themes.

Scenes where a character breaks down but gets back up again over time

Hmmm...any episode centered on Fluttershy or Sombra.

New fics possibly. Or maybe contribute to the discussion.

Fun Fact about yourself: I love history and politics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4