Them's Fightin' Herds 338 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

...does that mean that Oleander will be top tier?

I know that it is a bit early for tier discussion and the development team can actually change some small things about the characters, but it seems like Oleander will be overused in the competitive scene since, like Twilight Sparkle in Fighting is Magic, she would be able to zone well and control the field at an optimal pace.

4728759 I'm sure they would have thought about balancing.

4728759 She probably has better balancing; they've had years to learn since then.

That's true. One thing I noticed in her gameplay bio on the Crowdfunding Page is that Oleander's teleports use up a gauge while Twilight Sparkle's teleports did not. It's something small, but a nerf is a nerf.

4728830 I'm kind of surprised that they didn't from the start.

4728759 from what I can tell do far the most difficult to beat will be the FS sheep because her puppies will cover the whole battlefield.

Assist-type fighters tend to be very difficult to play, but players who specialize in assist-type character play can be very devastating. The thing with Pom Lamb is that the Pom player would have to set the puppies up in a way that would extend combos beyond what Pom can dish out. This is easier said than done because you have to combo your opponent into the right exact position of an established puppy on the field, which would require a bit of luck or a ridiculous amount of preparations.

4735333 one word.

Juggling.

Everyone has the capability of juggling and different ways of doing so. Pom potentially has the best juggling ability, but the difficulty of being able to use her would cause more players to go after easier-to-use characters with a great pay-off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10