Reader Insert Romance 177 members · 171 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Second Person stories are pretty popular, especially for romance. I think we all know the main reason, the reader might feel lonely and want a cuddle, or they like a certain character. But I wonder if there are any other reasons. So what do you all think, is their anything about 2nd POV that you like besides what I listed?:twilightsmile:

Although I have yet to write anything in 2nd person perspective I can definitely see the great appeal of it among the fandom. Most fans, being heavily imaginative and enjoying daydreaming about Equestria and their possible existance in that seemingly utopian place, it's clear to me that 2nd person perspective gives such readers the opportunity to inject themselves into the story, interacting with the various characters within the story in a way that would allow them to vividly imagine being an active part of the story as well as the narrative. Having said this I hope I've been able to give you one perspective on the popularity of 2nd person perspective.

IMNOTHERE889
Group Admin

4914098 in my view, 2nd person stories are a way to leave the world you live in and go some place else. That's also why human/anonymous in Equestria stories are so common and liked. I personally like 2nd person because I'm lonely (and there is a distinct lack of Pinkie Pie fics! MYEH!) but I also like to escape from the real world every so often. Though, I do enjoy it when the reader is portrayed as a pony, due to the fact that being a lone human would make me feel even lonelier. Being the same species as everything else makes me feel accepted, which could possibly even be another reason why. Maybe the reader wants to be able to get certain goals fulfilled, goals that they cannot complete in the real world.

That's my take on the matter.

Wish writers would invent a name rather than using "anonymous" or "anon" every time. Just looks weird

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5