The Witcher 72 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
The Ranger
Group Admin

So it's been quite a while since Netflix' adaptation of the Witcher books premiered, and I asume a good chunk of you guys have seen it by now and have formed your own opinions on the show. So I would like to ask, what did you think of said show? Did you enjoy it, or did it rub you the wrong way?

Here's my personal opinion:
I went into it hoping it would be good, but holy fuck did it blow the crap out of the water. It was better than I had hoped, and I'm aleady eagerly awaiting season 2. At first I had my doubts when it was announced that Henry Cavill would play Geralt, but after seeing him in action, I can safely say that he nailed it. He looks like Geralt, he sounds like Geralt, he moves like Geralt. He doesn't fight with his sword, he fucking dances with it. A whirlwind of rage and steel.

All the other actors were amazing as well, I especially liked Yen and Renfri. They all came together and recreated the magic and feel of the books in a masterful way. The flow of the scenes may be a bit jarring to some people, as it jumps back and forth in time without any real explanation as to when it happens, instead leaving it up to the audience to piece it all together. At first, I was honestly a little confused in the beginning, but as soon as I got into it, I couldn't stop watching.

Sure, the show isn't perfect and has flaws, I'm not denying that, but for me, the good stuff outweighed the bad. This first season was amazing in my opinon, and I sincerely hope it gets more people interested in the books and games.

So, just.. toss a coin or two to your Witcher. He needs it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1