The Witcher 72 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I tried posting in the other thread, only to realize it was locked. :twilightsheepish:

Anyway, in one of my future stories I make reference to several creatures from the Witcher lore, (Leshens, Noonbrides, etc) As again, I have yet to play Witcher 3 (Gamestop screwing me over made me unable to think clearly.:raritydespair:) But it's not predominantly Witcher themed, just takes from the monster lore... Does that qualify or no?

Canicus Palentine
Group Admin

That's fine. Just be sure to point that out in your description, just so everyone knows its Witcher inspired.

Well it's actually more of a slice of life story, but with Elements of Witcher monsters in there, like a Leshen in the Everfree, a Noonbride haunting the apple farm, etc.

4592082 I don't see why not. I'll be doing something similar with a later story

Really? I sadly didn't pick up Witcher 3, like I said, screwed over by Gamestop, put me in an uneasy state of mind. But on the other hand, I know about the Leshen and it sounds like a GREAT idea for the Everfree. In my opinion though, not sure about everyone else.

The Ranger
Group Admin

4592651 Man, Leshens look terrifying... Reminds me of something called Skogsrået from my country's folklore, but much more bizarre and creepy...

Yeah...Skogsraet, I'll have to look into those, as a huge mythology nerd ^_^

The Ranger
Group Admin

4592676 Really? Me too :twilightsmile: It's one of the reasons I like The Witcher so much, with all the influences from various folklore and mythology :twilightsmile:

There's a lot of strange folklore here in Sweden. Some good. Some evil. Some downright terrifying.

Like this, an illustration of Skogsrået;

Ah geez. And for me it was a far less noble reason...I WAS 15! I HAD A HORMONE IMBALANACE AND NO FRIENDS! But happily, that rubbish part of me brain seems to have vanished as I now only wish to own Witcher 3 for it's mythology and lore, I want to play it to learn about all the cool monsters!

The Ranger
Group Admin

4592708 It sure has a lot of monsters, so you won't be disappointed! Oh, and thanks for deciding to follow me :twilightsmile:

Canicus Palentine
Group Admin

4592683 That does look horrifying. I'm mostly familiar with Scandinavian and Greeco-Roman Mythology, though I must admit Eastern Europe seems to have some pretty faciniating mythology, the inspiration for the Witchers for instance, the Vedmak, healers of people and animals and protectors of mankind who were also connected to the devil and capable of destroying livestock and crops and spreading plauge, capable of great benevolance but treated with suspicion and fear. Just learned that from Shoddycast.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12