Write my fic for me 152 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Idea up for grabs:

Takes place in the EQ world with the mane human 5 and Sunset Shimmer living out they're normal school lives. Sunset Shimmer is called to show some new students around the school, again. A bit hesitant at first she decides to go with it. At the front of the school, she meets four new kids, two girls and two boys, different ages.

She discovers that the group are all siblings with a headstrong eldest sister, a level-headed and strong second oldest brother, a flamboyant and cocky second youngest brother, and a naive and playful youngest sister. She shows them around and explains all that's been going on. During the tour, she can't help but get a funny feeling from the siblings.

During lunch she notices that the group often isolates themselves from the other students, they sit at the same table by themselves, they all walk in a group, and they usually don't talk to anyone outside of their group. They're so distant that some of the students start making rumors about them, including Trixie. One day when Sunset is walking home late at night, she hears loud screaming and growling. When she turns around the corner, she's shocked to see a pack of wolves eating away at some cats, rabbits, and a person. She doesn't know where they came from or why there are wolves in a suburban area to begin with. When the wolves leave with their kills, she does some thinking. After some time and after more disappearances, she discovers that the siblings she met the other day can turn into wolves whenever they want, and that they're the ones responsible with all domestic animals and people disappearing.

The siblings find out that Sunset has figured them out and the oldest sister reveals that they're actually wolves that can turn into humans, not the other way around. She explains how they and their mother were somehow put on this earth and try to figure out why while trying to live normal lives. Believing the wolf siblings could kill her at any moment, Sunset decides to keep quiet about it for now. Eventually the mane 5 find out and they were equally shocked at their abilities. It mostly follows the wolf kids and their struggle with everyday life while trying to keep a low profile, as well as figure out why they were put onto this earth. They also have to try and cope with the mane 5 and sunset constantly spying on them most of the time and trying to find out their secret. Kind of similar to Wolf's Rain in a way, without them trying to find Paradise. This is the gist of it. Thoughts? Takers?

Why exactly are you framing this as a ponyfic? It sounds like the story could do well without any ties to MLP. Sunset and the mane 5 sound like they just as easily be any set of humans. I don't mean that the story sounds bad, it just seems like it's only tangentially pony-related, and might be better served as standalone fiction.

Just my opinion. It's your story, of course. But it's always a good idea to ask yourself these kinds of questions before starting out. Maybe it will ultimately be a benefit to the story if it doesn't have to conform to any pre-existing canon.

4605857 Well the problem with this being a story on it's own is that people might lash out on it or call it a rip off since it's about wolves that can magically turn into humans, and Wolf's Rain already had that idea. That was more inspiration for this story.

Well, at the end of the day it's your call. Maybe I'm just more of a purist when it comes to ponyfic. But if it were me, and that was the only reason that I was setting the story in the EG universe, then I would consider alternative options. Maybe you can come up with some significant tweak to the formula that will set you apart from Wolf's Rain. (I haven't actually read that story, so any suggestions I make on that front should be accepted as the suggestions of an ignorant person.) Maybe in your story you can examine a different aspect of your characters' situation, and cast them in a different light than the original did. As long as it isn't an obvious copy of the original, I can't imagine you'd get too much bad blood.

And, while I hate to use the obvious cliche (and unintentional pun), haters are gonna' hate. You shouldn't let the possibility that people might lash out at an idea stop you from pursuing it. So just do whatever feels right for you, and for the story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6