Behind The Fic(s) 134 members · 357 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello, I am Jongoji245. Fellow brony, dinosaur lover, and creator of the Jongojiverse.

As John de Lancie would put it in "Let's go Meet the Bronies," I am what is called a moderate. I was at first a little skeptical when the show came out, my sister would watch it on Netflix with my cousin and they would get a few laughs. One time after high school, I found that a few of the voice actors from Transformers Beast Wars (case in point, Richard Newman), and so decided to watch an episode. Soon after it took a hold on me, and I was caught red handed when watching the episode "Boast Busters" on Netflix.

I first found this site after accidentally stumbling upon an Apple Bloom x OC second person story that I just loved. After watching a few parts of "Bride of Discord" (back then wasn't fully complete in it's voice over), and eventually watching the 2014 "Godzilla" in theaters, it got me thinking, "Well I am going to be in animation, so I ought to go into story telling."

Thus came a few pieces of art related to the show on Deviantart, culminating to the first fic both there and here, "Ballad of the Brobdingnag." While currently successful in Deviantart, it is met a little lukewarm here, but not a complete loss. Following that was "A Game of Screwball," the most well received of the Old Timeline stories here, tells the life story of the Daughter of Discord to what is now Season 4. Since Screwball has been given a personality by author, I decided to make Screwball somewhat like Midna from The Legend of Zelda, and so has been carried on in my other stories.

Back then, "Other Voices" was my quote-unquote interesting work. The story in Fimfiction is actually a combination of two stories I wrote on Deviantart; "Other Voices" proper involved a series of misadventures on the TARDIS, and "Homecoming" which makes up the bulk the final story here. When it was time to incoporate "Other Voices" a year later, I figured that the TARDIS story was written a little too hard for me (I wasn't that big a Doctor Who fan), so I combined elements from the Equestria Girls side of the story with that of "Homecoming."

A few stories and size charts later, one of which involved Godzilla appearing just after the Season 5 premiere, and there was something that jogged my mind. Throughout this site, among various, numerous crossovers, back then there have been only two stories related to "The Land Before Time." With those stories focusing on the Ponyverse, I thus became the first to do a crossover based on the "Equestria Girls" series. And I wanted it to be "somewhat like Double Rainboom," and so I have taken many nods to reach out to any "Land Before Time" fan. In essence, it, and soon two others, were highly successful, and for a time my mythos crossover of the two was on my top story shelf.

Which brings us to the Jongojiverse Proper. Despite having few ideas I wrote on Deviantart, including Sunset Shimmer residing in her world the whole time and more fleshed out OC's, it is here that I have expanded upon this universe to the numerous "Equestria Girls" stories leading up to "The Rubicon." Usually if I can, I use a dry erase board to jot out my ideas, but I do plan to expand my methods soon. At present, I find myself able to write faster then type faster.

And so here I am now, an animation student seeking to improve his story telling (and perhaps grammar and spelling.)

Breath Deep, Seek Peace. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1