Behind The Fic(s) 134 members · 355 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

[Does everyone name their BTF thread after themselves? Feels odd, but I'm going to roll with it. ]

Hi there, fellow fanfic fanatics! I thought this group was a great idea and I simply could not resist joining. It's interesting to read about how everyone has such different thought processes when it comes to writing stories. If you don't mind, I'd like to share mine. :)

Step One: Getting Inspired

I get often inspired by themes or emotions rather than actual pieces of literature, but my latest attempt at a short story, Coco's Gift, was inspired by the stories The Hundred Dresses and Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Both center around young female characters, and focus heavily on small details that evoke huge emotions in said characters. Some call it melodrama, I call it being realistic for people of that age and sex. My writing style is like a poorly written studio Ghibli film, full of too many emotions and tones I want to get across without enough plot.

Step two: Scripting the story

Before i sit down to actually write the story, I jot down some basic notes and write down the dialogue in script form. Example:

Pinkie Pie: Holy canole!

Rainbow Dash: What's wrong?

Pinkie Pie: I really like canole!

Step three: Attempting to write the story

When I finally get down to writing the story, I stare at the screen for a good twenty minutes then get a snack. Then go back and try to think of something. Sometimes, I can think of things! But then actually making them sound okay is a whole new cup of tea. It usually takes me a month or two to write the tiniest of one-shots because I will seriously write only one paragraph a day. While I'm writing, there are a few things that go on in my mind:

"I better go re-read the previous seven paragraphs to make sure this sentence sounds okay!"

"How will the public react to this? Will they like it?"

"Remember what Bluegrassbrooke senpai taught you!"

"What will Bluegrassbrooke senpai think?"

"This is not as good as Bluegrassbrooke Senpai's writing."

"What else can I be writing right now?"

It's an A.D.D. fest in there! However, if the story actually gets completed before I delete it in a fit of frustration, I publish it like everyone else and add the story to every group on the planet. The end.

Phantom Dragon
Group Admin

Does everyone name their BTF thread after themselves? Feels odd, but I'm going to roll with it

Lol yes, but you don't have, it more like. Since each author get one thread, and they have fit all the stories in one thread. So it is easier to name it it after the author.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2