Human and Anthro Spike Harems 242 members · 228 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Wildcard25
Group Admin

I know there are a select few of Human Spike harem fics out there. But I'd like to know what is your ideal Spike harem story. I like ones where they're based off harem like anime as I'm sure a majority of you noticed.

4573602 Yeah, that's me in a nutshell. I suppose that it could go one of two ways. One, he gets the Mane 6 and various other waifus. Two, he gets shipped with... well, any girl, I suppose. Even primary, secondary, and tertiary villains would be entirely acceptable.

For me, my ideal Spike harem story would be similar to what your story, The Girls of My Life had when it was first being written. That was the first Spike Harem fic I've ever read, before I started becoming more active in the writing process out of inspiration.

Honestly, it was a nice change of pace from the harem animes I've watched at the time, which included Rosario+Vampire, Shuffle, and Girls Bravo. It was fun to read where the male protagonist (Spike) isn't being bitten by a vampire, or smothered by a succubus, or stalked by a snow woman, and has to endure the same routine of gags 24/7. And best part for me was, no hotheaded tsundere acting out on angry impulse and attack the misunderstood and accused said protagonist.

Also, it was nice to see, instead of bickering and constantly fighting over the male protagonist in an ever growing tug-of-war, the heroines would eventually come to a few compromises to share the same boy they all know and love....most of the time.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

7005706 Yes there's a lot of stuff in anime I do get tired of seeing, particularly the hotheaded tsundere who punches first and doesn't listen, and act like their actions are always justified even when everyone knows they were in the wrong. And yeah the downside to harem animes is the constant fighting over the male protagonist. I like Highschool dxd. but i'm tired of watching Rias and Akeno butt heads over Issei ruining what could be a perfect threesome moment, and with Asia always complaining and jumping in about being left out. Honestly I hope the next season does dive more into the good stuff now that Issei won't chicken out as much now that he's rid of his Raynare curse.

And also many complain how a harem can't work if it's set in a normal slice of life high school setting, and that only the fantasy or sci-fi anime plots can make it work.

And also many complain how a harem can't work if it's set in a normal slice of life high school setting, and that only the fantasy or sci-fi anime plots can make it work.

Huh, when have we ever get one of those "normal" types?

1. Highschool DxD (fantasy)
  2. Shuffle (fantasy)
  3. Highschool of the Dead (technically a harem, with both Saeko and Rei vying for Takashi. But it's set in Sci-Fi.)
  4. Majikoi ~Oh! Samurai Girls (it's neither fantasy or Sci-Fi, unless you include the robot.)
  5. Seikirei (fantasy)
  6. Cat Planet Cutie (sci-fi)
  7. Rosario+Vampire (fantasy)
  8. Girls Bravo (fantasy)

Wow....not very much. Guess I could add that to my list of my ideal sort of Spike Harem. In which it takes place in a normal slice of life High School kind of setting. Now don't get me wrong, I like the fantasy and Sci-Fi settings, especially when there are fights involved.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

So after watching the entire anime, Fuuka, I'd like to add onto my list of my ideal Spike Harem story. When it comes to romance, it obviously follows the harem rules. But unlike most of the harem animes we've grown up watching, it doesn't follow the rules that restricts it in a "fantasy" or "Sci-Fi" setting. It defies all laws and shows how the harem romance can be compromised in the "normal" setting.

Instead of choosing to have a harem out of sympathy or to satisfy a sex drive, or whatever, Spike would actually form a harem out of genuine understanding and relation with each of the girls on a personal level. Like in The Girls of My Life, Spike obviously knew each of the girls from the start and he knew about the struggles they've had together, their pros and their cons, and he understood the important aspects that had made them become the persons whom they would grow into. And in the end, when Spike was given the choice to have his home coming with just one of them, he chose all of them together, because they all agreed that he could never pick favorites. And they've actually managed to make it work in a "normal" slice-of-life High School Setting. As Meg would say to Hercules, "People do crazy things for the ones they loved."

In the anime/manga Fuuka, there are 3 girls who vied for Yuu's affection. Sadly though, 2 guesses who the leading protagonist ended up with in this "normal" setting.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

7006792 Yeah, though the Fuuka manga lasted a lot longer, and Akitsuki didn't even survive the truck accident. She was replaced with another girl named Fuuka that Yuu started falling for which was ironically she was the daughter of the driver of the truck who ran into Akitsuki. Honestly I prefer the anime ending where it didn't include that depressing bit

Yep. Seriously though.

Light Moka from Rosario + Vampire manga, Akitsuki, Gwen Stacy from Spider-Man comics. What is it with the comic writers and killing love interests that served as part of the main protagonist’s development in the comic adaptations of their story?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

7006919 So many reasons, but my thing is they probably do it because they want to set the protagonist up with someone else thus sparking shipping wars

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10