Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Triple Word Score
Group Admin

Something I found on another forum. Feel free to spread it around.

DH7
Group Admin

4888555 Honestly, even if their positions were very similar, I would still have a hard time beleiving that so many people could listen to her speak, realize that she's taking tons of money from Wall-Street doners, and still support her. When you add their history to the mix, it just becomes obscene.

Are we, as a nation, really this fucking stupid?

4888748 we reelected Bush, so I would say yes, we are.

DH7
Group Admin

4888801 I'm even more flabbergasted about the popularity of Trump and Carson than I am of the re-election of Bush, and still more stunned at the reception on the left for Hillary.

I suppose you can say that the conservatives don't really surprise me all that much. Not everyone, obviously, but much of who the GOP has targeted in the last few decades have been those who are more easily bought by hateful rhetoric and double-speak. I supposed I just expect better from liberals, or at least center-left voters.

Both sides, really, are discouraged by politics. Everyon knows that the game is rigged, even though not everyone knows the details. We all often complain about having to vote for 'the lesser of two evils' Those of us on the left often complain that there really isn't a left any more, just moderately conservative, corporatist democrats, and super-conservative republicans. This time, we clearly have the next FDR on our hands, and Democratic voters have their heads up their collective asses.

I won't fault the average voter for not knowing much of what's going on, or not understanding the issues, but even then, it should be quite obvious that we've got a honest, down-to-Earth civil-servant running up against a two-faced, accent-switching career politician. On this, the average voter should be able to make a sound judgement, but people really aren't.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5