Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So the second debate happened last night, with only three candidates still running while the Republicans try and pull out everything they got. I was hoping this debate would spark much debate in foreign policy, what with Paris the other day.

I think it went great for the most part. I was really excited to see Bernie's views on foreign policy, considering he's more focused on domestic and financial policies.

If any of you watched it, what were your thoughts on the debate or how Bernie did?

DH7
Group Admin

I'm going to have to watch it again. Yesterday was my birthday, and I was pretty much drinking and smoking weed all night. I wanted to catch it live, but I ended up spending time with my mother and stepfather and his makeshift bar while it was all going on.

I caught most of it on Youtube after the fact, but passed out before I could finish. I didn't get to see as much of Sanders as I would have liked. While watching, however, I had to admit that Clinton and O'Mally did much better than I thought they would. I vastly agree more with Sanders on foriegn policy, but I've got to give credit where credit is due, and Clinton had a moment where she really nailed Bush on the language he used to promote the war in Iraq—even though that doesn't abolish the memory that she voted for it.

I'm interested in the after-effects of this. CNN did a really sleazy thing in that they took down their viewer poll that indicated Bernie winning by a landslide. They took it down after flooding the Internet with articles written by pundits proclaiming how confident and competent Hillary was, and then replace that poll with a bullshit prediction counter that was in favor of her. I'm hoping to not see this from CBS.

Triple Word Score
Group Admin

I watched it, and Hillary was clearly shaken off her game. Her perceived advantage in foreign policy (especially in light of recent events) disappeared as Bernie and O'Malley double-teamed her on the Iraq war vote. She was also on the ropes for taking kickbacks from Wall Street when she made that disastrous remark invoking 9/11. Even the moderators called her out on it using a Twitter comment from the live debate hashtag. Even WaPo was willing to admit she fucked up, which says a lot considering how deep they are in Hillary's pocket. Of course, she also played the gender card, which I don't think she realizes is hurting her more than it's helping. Voters who pay even a little bit of attention aren't that stupid, and they're definitely paying attention this year.

As for Bernie's performance, I think this is as fair an assessment as we can expect. Online polls claimed Bernie won by a landslide. Landline phone polls tend to go for Hillary. Time will tell which demographic has more strength at the primaries and caucuses. Mark your calendars, tell your friends, and go do the needful if you want a Sanders nomination.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3