Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Pidgeons
Group Admin

Clickie

"Back on May 3rd, I published a blog asking, “Will Bernie Sanders Become the Cannabis Candidate?” With all due respect to Rand Paul, I think that the answer is a resounding “Yes.” If you MUST vote in the Republican Primary, then I definitely recommend Rand Paul and if you are inclined to vote 3rd party, Governor Gary Johnson (with his VP candidate Judge Jim Gray) on the Libertarian ticket and the Green Party candidate (Jill Stein, most likely) are fine choices. But among the mainstream candidates with any legitimate shot of winning the presidency, Bernie Sanders is the right choice for the cannabis community."

“It’s not my thing, but it is the thing of a whole lot of people.” - Bernie Sanders, 2015.

Apparently he tried marijuana twice when he was younger but stopped because it made him cough.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

I don't know if you're a fellow pothead so I'll just approach this as if I assume you aren't. In other words, let's call this a reply to the Sanders quote you posted. :)

It's definitely not for people who are bothered by some coughing :twilightblush:
Unlike tobacco smokers, that part never goes away with weed. I think it's because nicotine has a sort of local anesthetic effect that stops a person from coughing when they smoke after while (I wouldn't know, because I only smoke cannabis.)

Bubblers and bongs help with that, but not 100% and you're more likely to just take a bigger hit without realizing it and cough anyway. I hear vaporizers help, but I don't know because I've only had a cheap-ass vape that burned the weed instead of vaping anyway AND pretty much caught fire every time I used the damn thing. Good vapes are expensive. But once you have one, its a lot healthier. The health part I know for sure; the help on the coughing bit I'm only assuming, because the coughing happens from the smoke drying the lungs out, but that doesn't mean adding moisture wouldn't make one cough too. I really need to try one that wasn't made in China before I say for sure.

I'll get back to you on that! :derpytongue2:

I don't personally smoke but I know plenty of people who do and are in danger of incarceration because of it.

DH7
Group Admin

In other words, this isn't something you do, but an issue that you're sympathetic towards.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

Why do you want to know?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6