Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Pidgeons
Group Admin

When the top 2% wealthiest Americans hold 60% of the nations wealth, that's alarming. Not that people don't have a right to the spoils of their gains, but money is power, and no small group should have all the power in a nation that claims to be for the people and by the people.

Pure unrestricted capitalism doesn't lend itself to a middle class. Instead, the bigger fishies will not only eat the little fishies, but then turn around and ensure that little fishies could never become bigger fishies than what they are.

When the very richest of Americans are paying lower taxes than the middle class, or even no taxes, that's a huge problem.

The corporations own this country, and it's time for we the people to take it back.

Thoughts?

4557688 Going to be hard though for Sanders, he first has to get up to a level to rival Clinton. Afterwards he got congress which seems designed to gridlock to either get around or go though. However I think he up for that battle and he'll need his supporters help all the way.

4557688 I really don't like the current set up anyway

Pidgeons
Group Admin

Eleven years ago, I criticized third-party liberals online for planning on casting their votes to candidates that couldn't win. I felt that it was just as bad as a vote for Bush.

Now I'm not so sure.

Case in point: Obama has done some good things, but he has also done some alarming things. He has compromised far too much with the right wing, and anything he's ever done that would remotely seem left-wing, is far too weak in my eyes. He's not leftist enough. That has awakened me some. It made me think: perhaps it doesn't matter if centrist former-republican Hillary Clinton or conservative republican Jeb Bush won the election ( . . . are people REALLY considering electing Trump? I mean, I have a couple of uncles who suck his dick on facebook, but seriously?) But, ultimately, I think Hillary and any of the republicans are on the same side: the side of corporations that run America.

My vote on the lesser of two evils, then, would be pointless. On the other hand, if Bernie Sanders were not to win, yet we gave it the old college try anyway, that would send a clear message to politicians. And then we would have the senate and house elections, which I think could use more grassroots rallying too! People from Missouri should be using the Internet to promote candidates in Montana, even if they can't vote for them.

Bernie has a chance of beating Hillary. If he doesn't? The fight isn't lost!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4