Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
HapHazred
Group Admin

Finally. A spotlight thread I'm good at.

Romance! It's one of the most popular genres of all time, due in no small part to the fact that we all grapple with romantic feelings at some point in our life. I know I have.

She was a tall, blond, magnificent thing. Perspiration ran down her sides as the golden sun shone down from the sky, glistening in the mid-afteroon light. As curvaceous as the hills and sea itself...

She also had an addictive personality.

And of course, given that the romance genre is so prevalent in fiction and non-fiction, it only made sense that our own fandom would hurl itself whole-heartedly into shipfics and related fanfiction. With mixed results. And those are what's getting spotlighted today!

Romance

Post one of your own stories (or someone elses) below, and be sure to include a little description explaining in no small amount of detail why it's awesome and we can't live without it. No linking to NSFW, though (and given the spotlight, that's a bit of a risk, isn't it?) and be sure to have fun. Also feel free to discuss the genre too!

Yes! Finally! A romance discussion! I ace several faves, check out my five stars bookshelf for some ones that I liked!

I think romance is a great way to spice up any show or story. It goes with any genre and it gives you this light fluffy feeling when you're reading a romance about your favorite shipping! Ahh, I love romance!

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Ugh... good feelings... who needs that ?

A romance is only as good as the suffering and drama it can create. Torn empires to shreds, annihilate families, unleash the darkest of magic...

Romance holds great potential... MWAHAHAHAHA !

HapHazred
Group Admin

Well, it's time for me to bring my own obligatory AppleDash story to bear on this poor, innocent thread.

The Many Complications of Interspecies Romance

A lot of things went through my head when I wrote this story. The first was that I had read an awful lot of shipfics where the pair got together, but not as many where they dealt with their relationship after it started. I also wanted to inflict some little fun theories about pegasi onto FimFiction (did you know pegasi according to HapHazred lay eggs and eat fish?).

And what I really wanted was to play on the idea of external factors damaging a relationship. You've all read it, watched it, heard it. The romance story where they can't be together because they're too different. Because they're from different walks of life. Because sometimes it's like the universe itself is conspiring against them.

Hold that thought.

What I wanted to do was dial that up to eleven. And I did. And it was awesome to write. As far as I know, there is only one story where the fabric of the universe itself is allergic to AppleDash, and whaddyaknow, it happens to be mine.

So if that's not good enough reason to read it, I don't know what is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5