Jurassic Bronies 132 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Whether anyone knows this or not is something I don't know, but...

I'm pleased to announce that "Jurassic World: Dominion" will be coming to home video on August 16, 2022. Not only that, but the film's extended version will be released on the movie's blu-ray edition. The extended version includes up to 14 minutes of additional footage, all of which weren't included in the film's theatrical release because Colin Trevorrow placed high importance in making sure the film was smooth running for theater goers. Among the excluded footage was the prologue that was used to promote the film at the time it had yet to be released.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm deeply excited by the news!

Whenever I'd see an extended version or director's cut of a movie, even if it's one that I've already seen, I'd find myself enjoying it way more than the theatrical versions. The biggest reason for why is because I'd frequently note that whatever footage that'd get excluded would often turn out to be beneficial for the story, in that they help with the character development and clear up whatever plot holes the theatrical versions would generate. They'd even prove to be gratifyingly satisfactory in the best way.

In the case of "Jurassic World: Dominion", I have a feeling that the extended version will be way more enjoyable than the theatrical version, even for those that weren't exactly satisfied by what the film offered on their theater visits.

What do you guys think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1