Steven Universe 451 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9pbHfhwfna0rMsx9Fyhf0HQF5eTXENaX I created this playlist for good reasons. Also, here is the description of it:

As of "Mindful Education", the ending song had a weird music. I originally thought it had something to do with those thoughts Steven and/or Connie was/were having. However, when I saw end theme secrets videos by Hailey from Cartoon Universe and AwestruckVox from The Roundtable, they showed the end theme from "Gem Harvest", in which the appearance of the credits text was slower, but the animation of the flapping clothes, the waves, and the clouds was normal. It played the same music from "Mindful Education", but included a new section where the B-flat minor was replaced with D-minor, and some weird screeches were heard. That section was played from "Three Gems And A Baby" to "The Zoo".

When "Out of this World" was being praised for some time in December, I was hoping that the episodes would have new continuation sections for this new song. My wish finally came true the first time I saw "That Will Be All". The end credits of THIS episode had a section that sounded similar to "Mindful Education"(B-flat minor is back), but had more screeches, and was more intense.

Those screeches from the "Gem Harvest" section might be someone, maybe Centipeetle, shouting "STEVEN!" or "HELP ME!" I haven't seen conversations of people talking about the screeches from the latest section, which is from "That Will Be All". I might think that all these screeches from the end songs of "Gem Harvest" and "That Will Be All" are just bird noises of sorts.

After I heard the end song from "That Will Be All", I came up with a few ideas. One, the song is a pattern, and continues to get more and more intense until the whole cycle repeats, so the NEXT update would be an even more intense version of the "Three Gems and a Baby" end song, or "Gem Harvest" of the end credits are long enough to actually fit that whole peace.

Another idea, the next bit might begin with E-minor, but not end with B-flat minor OR D-minor at ALL, but instead, with something else, as this song might sound similar to Kevin MacLeod's Black Vortex, which is at the end of this playlist.

People like Tourmaline 726 have been having nightmares about SU characters and/or her best friends suffering, like their mind is going haywire, bringing pain to them. The setting is a black void, as Tourmaline, known on Instagram as hi.im.ruby.726 or hi.its.ruby.726, is behind an invisible wall. The nightmares have a song playing in the background that the sufferer(s) is/are suffering from, said song being the Gem Harvest song. I think the nightmares now have that with the That Will Be All song added to it. How does Tourmaline feel about it?

I talked to her about it in the comments section of a video by Golden_Gamer, who in said video, explains that they put the Gem Harvest song through a spectrogram, which gets us a face that looks like either Lapis or Centipeetle. GameChap and Bertie did this before in a Minecraft video of theirs, where they played a song called 11 and ran it through a spectrogram, which gave us Herobrine's eyes and mouth.

Try comparing the song as of this moment to the Black Vortex song mentioned earlier. You can do it again with the next update once the episode that is the first one to have that section comes out. Or not, if it's the first idea that's going on with what the Crewniverse and their musician are doing to the song, which people are wondering what it is. Might be the corruption song, a second one, or the Diamonds coming to Earth. What do YOU think the song is?

Also, Instagram exposes Tourmaline's real name as Molly Smith.

Update: The opposite theory to the one regarding Black Vortex is confirmed as "Doug Out" has an end credits section that sounds similar to the end credits of the winter special of 12/1/2016. I talked to Golden_Gamer about "Doug Out" and he said that he is going to do a spectrogram video about it, and remake the "three 'odd' credits" video with "Doug Out" added. Does the "Doug Out" end credits theme help you out with what the NEXT update might sound like? What about Doug Out helping with what the whole song is supposed to be?

UPDATE: As of Stuck Together, the ending theme now has a new segment that talks about the sea or something. I think this whole ending theme is supposed to describe the ocean or something.

UPDATE(1/7/2018): The episodes called "Dewey Wins" and "Lars of the Stars" have updates that introduce funky tunes that might amplify the intensity.

As for crossover ideas, I'm thinking of one that mixes SU with both FiM AND EQG. Ponies and their human selves co-existing in a single world. They meet the gems and try to do something about Homeworld. Of course, also involved besides the Crystal Gems, the (hu)Mane 6/7/8, the CMC, Lyra, Bonbon, Vinyl, Octavia, Twilight's Canterlot friends, the background humans, the Crystal Empire family, the two sisters, etc., are the pillars and the new film characters. I imagine a meeting where during it, Tempest learns about Steven's knowledge of the true personalities of the diamonds, and compares them, especially Blue, to herself. I could think of more ideas to continue, but what about YOU?

Also, new philosophies would form. Like, for example, "Rose Quartz=Cadence". Yet, how IS tempest similar to ANY of the Diamonds do you think? What would the Crystal Gems think about the events of Nightmare Moon, the first two episodes of FiM, The Return of Harmony, A Canterlot Wedding, the S3 premiere, Magical Mystery Cure, the episodes of Season 4(the premiere, the episodes where all the Mane 6 excluding Twilight receive items that are actually keys for the box, and the S4 finale), the S5 premiere, the Tantabus, the S5 finale, the birth of Flurry heart, the S6 finale, the S7 finale, the EQG films and specials, and the MLP movie?

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, etc. in the comments down below.

(prepare for long read ;) )

Hmm, well I do like the idea of a story in a pre-existing alternate world of ponies and humans living together in this MLP universe - could make for some interesting AU conflicts and resolutions (the first one that comes to mind is a Glue Factory :pinkiesick:). Adding the Gems could make even more intriguing possibilities, considering how many of the MLP ponies can use all sorts of magic to rival the normally power-driven Gemkind. I mean, sure, the Crystal Gems have their bag of tricks, but they can't turn a frog into an orange, or push around clouds like they're mad of cotton.

Which reminds me: in your scenario, is magic a common thing? Because if it is, then we can have a powerful idea between science and magic played between not just ponies and Gems, but ponies and humans as well. I mean, all of these magical powers and much of the EQG characters can't use any of that, so science is something they have to work with. I always had this sick idea that humans had tried to mimic Gems in their durability and regenerative properties in SU through some twisted Frankenstein type of experimenting and testing. Something to introduce down the line, maybe. As for Tempest and Steven, I like that approach to things. Perhaps Tempest and Blue could even meet up when she stops by Earth that one time, who knows?
As for the new philosophies ... Oh Luna, where do I begin here? There's SO many ways that this can branch off, so many different alterations that can happen with all of this, it's crazy and I like it :pinkiehappy:, admittedly I figure the Crystal Empire would be involved with the Crystal Gems in some way, considering the empire had disappeared for a thousand years, from what we can assume to be a time-travel magic. ... Maybe it can be a interesting way to introduce a particular blacksmith character from a particular side of the crossover coin? :raritywink:

Of course, also involved besides the Crystal Gems, the (hu)Mane 6/7/8, the CMC, Lyra, Bonbon, Vinyl, Octavia, Twilight's Canterlot friends, the background humans, the Crystal Empire family, the two sisters, etc., are the pillars and the new film characters

... The pillars? :rainbowhuh: Unless we're talking golems, I don't know what you mean by that.

as for the many events of the finales, well I think it depends on which one:

the nightmare moon incident - they probably won't think too much of it personally, but they still understand how important the sun is to the planet. Keeping the planet so cold will make Earth the next Pluto of the moon stayed up.

Discord (the Return of Harmony) - ... Eh, probably react like any sane person would and probably freak out. Though, I think they would meet an enemy in Discord as the first enemy EVER that they can't just beat up and have to outsmart. I mean, it's discord we're talking about here. On that note, perhaps Discord can mess around with the Diamonds of Homeworld in some way. Why? Because he can XD

Canterlot Wedding - Well, the concepts of a wedding would be something new for most of the gems, but that would probably be a more Garnet-focused development. You know, she would be most involved in it because it's a concept of love for one another, and as for her and Chrysalis. Well, she would despise the changing for using love as a means to gain power. She will not take that lying down.

Sombra - Now, this is just me talking because I'm a Sombra fan, but I think they would be more scared of Sombra because he gains power through gems and crystals. And considering Gems and basically talking gemstones ... Yeah, Sombra doesn't even need mind control magic to get them under his control, so ANY gem would be on edge, let alone the Crystal Gems.

Magical Mystery Cure - ... You know, I dunno. *shrug* the event itself is more character-based than anything that would actually effect the Crystal Gems, so if anything they would probably give Twilight a congratulations if anything.

Season 4 - The Crystal Gems would probably get pretty worked up over the idea of the sun and moon being up at once, and the idea of one planet turning into desert while the other turning into ice, probably from the premiere callback or something like that. They'll probably be more dumbfounded when one of them realizes how Discord helped and hurt the situation all at once, I can guarantee that :P. I mean, he did cause the problem with those vines, and yet he teaches Twilight to not leave her friends behind just because of a "title". As for the rest of the season ... eh, take it or leave it, it depends on the Gem really. For the finale, well, this is just an idea, but if Tirek did suck away their magical properties, they would end up as just nothing more than rocks. So ... They better watch their toes on that.

Season 5 premiere - The Crystal Gems would be most effected by this, but not in a physical sense, but more on the idea that history was trying to repeat itself. The idea that a society would be completely same and with no freedom to make a choice sounds ominously like Homeworld to CG (Homeworld would be fine with it though).

Tantabus - You know, I'm intrigued how you pointed out this one in particular, considering how it's something that's not too big and isn't a finale, or premiere. Anyway, Amethyst would probably be more involved here since she sleeps all the time, and actually knows how dreams work (I assume). The other Gems I'm not sure would be involved, especially Pearl. I say Pearl, because we all know she's got something big to hide, and going into her head might provoke something *nudge*nudge*wink*wink*.

season 5 finale - Hmm, now this is a personal rant, but I don't think the season 5 finale did the time-travel thing right. It's nice that it included the whole butterfly effect, but it's just to show all the villains again, one of which wouldn't even show up without Twilight being involved in anything (Tirek I mean. Twilight did remove Cerberus in "It's about time" after all ...). Anyway, for the case of a MLP/SU crossover, I like the idea of Starlight not only messing with MLP, but the Crystal Gems as well, and make Ruby not save Sapphire at that last second, therefore making Sapphire's prediction to Blue Diamond correct, and the rebellion being stopped FAR too soon. An interesting alternate universe I WANT to see in that show. And as for MLP, here's how I always thought of it going down:
- Nightmare Moon would rule the south as Sombra would rule the north, and there could be a possibility of a war happening between both empires.
- Tirek would never be released, since no one would remove Cerberus from his post.
- Discord would be free.
- Chrysalis probably won't even show up since all that love she was trying to find wouldn't even be there anymore.
And that's about as far as I see for it right now.

Flurry Heart - There could be some scenarios where the Crystal Gems would "babysit" flurry Heart, running into some trouble like they did with Steven in a way, if not even more trouble, but that's about as far as I would see in the birth itself.

Season 6 finale - Probably nothing: they would end up captured like the Mane six by the Changlings, and it's up to the Crystal Temps to save the day! :pinkiehappy: come on, we all want that now.

Season 7 finale - Eh, I didn't see the finale for this one, but off of what I know, it could make for some interesting dynamic between Gems and ponies, to meet such a magic user like Starswirl and company. But again, I didn't see it, so make of that what you will.

EQG films - Eh, I only seen two of the films, and snippets of the one with EQG sci-twi, so I'll just work off of that:
For the first movie ... :rainbowderp: Wait, would that movie even happen in this alternate world? MLP and EQG are in the same place, so maybe that would happen in a different way? If you mean Sunset, well if it's after Starlight is recruited by the group, Starlight could help Sunset out since as far as I see, Starlight Glimmer's the equine Sunset Shimmer. Their name's almost match up, for Celestia's sake, how could they not? Maybe Peridot could even help her out, since she too had a similar sort of issue (kind a).
For the Dazzlings, some harsh conflicts by the Crystal Gems on eachother can be played up here since the Dazzlings seem to make that happen, and some surprising inner anger could spring up and make some stronger development with characters. I can imagine Kevin trying his charms on the Dazzlings, just because it's Kevin the womanizer :rainbowlaugh:.
And for Sci-twi, I guess something shorter like how science can't explain everything in the world can be played here, but I dunno how far that would go. But I can imagine Sci-Twi would be a good partner with Ronaldo and Peri, if you know what I mean.

MLP movie - I didn't see it, but off of seeing Tempest off of what I see, maybe Lapis Lazuli can actually help her out the most here. I mean, we're talking about a Gem molded by a traumatic conflict in her life, and when I found out what Tempest went through, perhaps it could make an interesting dynamic (If Lapis has moved on from her traumatic situation, that is).

So yeah, that's my thoughts. I'd read that in a heartbeat :raritystarry:

6271975 By pillars, I mean the following:

1. Starswirl the Bearded
  2. Rockhoof
  3. Flash Magnus
  4. Mistmane
  5. Meadowbrook
  6. Somnambula
  7. Stygian

Now, you forgot about Legend of Everfree, the three specials(Dance/Movie/Mirror Magic), the Summertime Shorts, the new shorts with the new outfits, and the "choose your own ending" shorts.

thanks for clearing it up.

I never saw those you've listed yet, so I only said off of the ones I did know for the first part.

:rainbowhuh: and by that, I meant the legends of everfree and the specials / shorts you've listed, not the pillars ... did I make it confusing? Sorry :twilightblush:

6275673 Actually, normally, I would type those three periods if I'm lacking a response.

you sure got a lot of questions huh? Well, I'll help with these when I get time to look :raritystarry:

6275937 Dunno about anyone else.

well, let's wait and see. These are some interesting things you brought up here

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14