This Cruel and Random World Audio Book 31 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

Want to ask me something about my stories, this project, or my writing in general? Here's the thread to do it!

Ask away. I'll do my best to answer, but if it's a big giveaway/spoiler, I won't say. Want to keep you in some suspense about these sequels of mine.

Since there isn't a question posed yet, I'll just give you a fun fact about my writing.

I wonder if anyone's noticed this, but in my stories I use nickering a lot, generally in a romantic context. Why? Well, it goes back to my horsey knowledge. I'm really familiar with the sound of horses nickering (at feeding time mostly) and I absolutely adore that sound. It always gives me a bit of a dawwe factor. So, when I started writing pony fiction, I wanted to include something horsey. Well, the ponies in the show don't neigh or anything like that. Still, I was determined to think of a context in which I could use a more natural sound for the ponies to make.

I chose nickering for romantic situations because it's such a pleasant sound. In my headcanon, ponies that are really content and happy (mostly with a loved one) will nicker instinctively. It's probably the most obvious sign that two ponies really love each other's company. Another situation I use nickering is between parents and their children. A noise born out of love and content I suppose . . .

But what about Discord, does he nicker? Not in his draconequus form. In that form he chuffs like a lion. Scared the crap out of Twilight the first time he did it too. :rainbowlaugh: But, yeah, that's his version of nickering.

yeah I have a few questions, it has been a wile and I have been a little loose on what is going on;

One: how many voice actors do you have right now?
Two: which character is still free? ( I hope I get to play Cheese)
and Three: not really a question I just wanted to say that I enjoy your work and I adore being apart of the project.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2