N.E.R.D. 26 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Kirito-Persona
Group Admin

So, yesterday a friend of mine had mentioned his/her frustration with the number of side games Nomura released instead of just getting on with KH 3. And well, considering there varied quality, I was kinda in agreement. Personally, I enjoyed 358 even if most people hated it, I thought Birth By Sleep was pretty fun (Even though I'm stuck) Re; Coded I haven't played, and I think all of us can agree 3D was pretty dang good. And while they did all contribute to the story, I'd argue that 358 wasn't MANDATORY, and Re; Coded felt kinda stupid in it's 'sorta sequel existance' after all.

However, Nomura apparently had a reason for it... Gameplay experimentation. Now, I'm getting this from an article not an official source, but according to rumors Nomura was reported to have said:

"The portable games were a place for us to experiment with new ideas for the combat. It was where we could try new things, there is a high chance of the more positively received elements appearing in Kingdom Hearts 3."-Inderect Nomura Quote.

Or something along those lines. Basically, the grid system in 358, the Flowmotion in 3D, the ability and spell system from Birth By Sleep... These were all experiment conducted to see what they could potentially add to Kingdom Hearts 3's gameplay!

So personally, I'm hoping to see the Flowmotion system return because I LOVED that mechanic SO MUCH! :yay: but I'm curious to hear from the rest of you guys, what mechanics from previous KH games would you like to see return in KH3?

Personally, I wanna see Flowmotion with most of the elements from 2. I felt in terms of combat 2 was the best overall, fast paced, good controls, and a pretty good skill setup. The Gummi missions from 2 were also pretty fun in my opinion, though I know they weren't everyone's cup of tea. What are your thoughts though? Do share fellow KH fans.:twilightsmile:

jidbrony
Group Admin

4715914 KH III better live up to the hype...I want a good story conclustion to the Xehanort Saga and already lost Lenord Nimoy so it already won't be 100% satisfying. I want KH III to be perfect!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2