Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hi guys. I’m not entirely sure why I’m writing this, but I think it’s just so I can vent. So... enjoy?

If I had to describe the game FTL (even more so in the starter Mantis cruiser), it would be like this. There’s this girl. And you’re absolutely head over heels for her, and she returns the feelings. She’s everything you could hope for in a girlfriend, except for one thing. She has rather (or extremely) high standards in everything you do. Whether it’s taking her out to dinner, or a movie or your performance in bed she expects the best. As you could expect this makes dating her is extremely stressful, but you tough it out because you’re smitten.

So let’s say, that there is an event coming up, and you’re taking her out to dinner. You do everything in your power to make sure it goes perfectly for her, from talking to the manager at the restaurant, to studying the menu for what she would like. Finally the day comes, and everything goes beautifully. The food is fantastic, and you’re having a nice conversation. Then, the waiter comes over, and because of sheer luck, spills a glass of wine all over her shirt. Reacting instinctually you grab a napkin and try to hand it to her. But you lose your balance and fall foreword, both accidentally coping a feel, and crashing onto the table. This makes the table, the food, you and your girl crashing onto the ground while the entire restaurant stares at you. And you would think that something so astronomically unlucky could only happen once, but no.
It keeps happening.

Over

And over.

And I was SO CLOSE TO UNLOCKING THAT FUCKING SLUG CRUISER GODDAMN IT!

4582922 My two cents?

If you're bad, you have a 1% chance of reaching the final boss. If you're good, you have a 10% chance.

Of course, it's entirely a matter of luck whether the flagship stomps you flat in one salvo. But hey, it was fun while it lasted!

I say the entertainment value is worth the bullshit difficulty.

4583872 I agree, in the end I keep coming back to it. I've only beaten the flagship once, and that was with the Zoltan cruiser because double flak + halberd beam is broken.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3