Quill and Blade 364 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 88 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 88
Aziraphael
Group Admin

Well, grats on the feature box, Crystal. Welcome to the land of people who are far more successful than I am.

It's alright, I'm using sleep deprivation and alcohol. Also it helps that the story isn't in the feature box anymore. By the end of the day I won't even be able to remember the title anymore and all will be k.

To get your head in the right place, ponder how an Everyone rated threesome will be portrayed.

Aziraphael
Group Admin

Hmmm.... I think I can do that.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5067898 Thank you! Though I'm not sure meeting some algorithm's happy place is really "successful", but I know being featured means a lot to people. I'd rather have y'all than have every story of mine featured. :heart:

Aziraphael
Group Admin

But getting your story featured is how you get more of us. We're like pokemon. Gotta collect us all.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5067982 Careful, I do suffer from Obsessive Collecting Disorder. Don't make me put you in a binder. :rainbowkiss:

Aziraphael
Group Admin

You never know, I might be in to that sort of thing.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

I'm not nearly confident enough to throw this to the world of FiMFiction yet, but I am ready to at least toss it to you Q&B folk. I know this is a public group but... still.

http://quillnblade.com/positivize

I put together a userscript to hide dislikes/downvotes on FiM, which makes me a happier person. I can't do anything about them, so why let them do anything to me? :rainbowhuh:

Aziraphael
Group Admin

But if you can't see the downvotes, then how will you be able to compare your greatness against the mediocrity of all of your inferiors? I thought that was the whole point of having the upvote bar thing in the first place?

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5068951 If I don't already know I'm great, then an upvote bar is the least of my concerns. :moustache:

Wrong!

The upvote/downvote system exists because the user base is to foolish to use the 1-5 rating system properly.

Besides you know darn well that that bar needs to be visible so you and I can hit the red thumb.

PS I really wish I could view my own stats in detail regarding all the up/down votes, when, if they were featured/on the front page, etc.

PSS I am apparently too British in my humor.

Aziraphael
Group Admin

I don't want the stars just because even giving one star to some of these stories is too much. it implies that they're actually worth more than a negative number. I like being able to downvote things because it has absolutely no possible positive side. It clearly says, "Your story is bad and you should feel bad."

Well of course you know you're great. But without seeing the downvote bar and how small it is, how will you make sure that everyone else knows it too?

You are most definitely correct that a zero star score not being possible was problematic for some stories.

Well of course you know you're great. But without seeing the downvote bar and how small it is, how will you make sure that everyone else knows it too?

Like the dragons of old Crystal tallies the upvotes then chooses a like number of positive comments. That number of nerf green thumbs has the comments printed on them and are thrown into The Gloating Room. Much frolicking ensues.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5068978 Clearly, what I have to do is—

Well, unfortunately, the examples I can think of are things I've seen around the site, and I don't want to start a fight. But trust me, I can think of several ways to flout my self-defined clout. :scootangel:

It hit me while reading through that "Go, Go Forth and Write" thread while waiting for a Miley story that Azurite kicked Miley out of the spotlight. Little ponies are dangerous.

Red is coming for you Azurite.

The true meaning of the :moustache:

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5070339 What the... do you... Is there a larger version of that? Is... Is that Silent filming Crystal having a threesome with Velvet and... Velvet?!? :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:

Anzel
Group Admin

5070339 All I want to say is I am massively impressed

This is an old template I have for trolling that your recent Ask Us reminded me of. It won't look nearly as "good" at full resolution as the low res nature hides the crime. And the blatant art theft repurposing.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5070389 Bah humbug. Well, Anzel and I had a great laugh, so, okay, good enough. :rainbowlaugh:

zyr1987
Group Admin

I'm feeling silly and this doesn't fit in the artist showcase (it's lacking a lot of info) so here's Lyra with a nice pair of (completely SFW) boobies

I regret nothing

Less than 21 days to go.

Aziraphael
Group Admin

Dang, those are some nice boobies.

Another step for our future robot overlords.

Aziraphael
Group Admin

Can I be a robot overlord? This whole "mortality" thing is really going to cut into my reading time eventually....

Hmm. We have a Turing Test. What would the one which establishes whether you are worthy to be a Robot Overlord be called?

Going 2-0 seems like a good start.

No Life, Only Death. 3-0. Hail Google our Robot Overlords.

3-1. Perfection is fleeting, the machine still rusts. Everyone can go back to their pony stories.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5105467 Is that good? Did you win? What did you win? :raritydespair:

I'm pretty sure even the most basic computer program could destroy me at Go since I've been learning it while watching the games. There is still one final game in the AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol Match. AlphaGo (Google) has already won the match by going 3-0 in the first 3 games. However we the humans have struck back by preventing a 5-0 sweep with a win in Game 4.

I was cheering for the AI.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

5105484 Oooh! I follow now! Huh. Interesting...

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

Sorry about the delays this week with the Mask chapters, y'all. For those of you who aren't in the Discord channel, I've been traveling for work this week and it's thrown my schedule quite off course.

I'll get the second Mask chapter as soon as it's ready!

It's okay. We all know how difficult it was for you to wrestle with writing the subject matter in the next chapter. I'm surprised to hear you are posting it as part of Mask and not as another entry to the invite only Lost Chapters supplemental. :trollestia:

Aziraphael
Group Admin

this is a test

Results: failure

Nuked?

RefControl or another addon that blocks referrers fixes the Imgur blacklist.

Anzel
Group Admin

Yeah, unfortunately IMGUR no longer allows us to embed here =\

It does work if you are blocking referrers. Though I'll keep that in mind for everyone else.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 88