Bronies for Classical Music 37 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Ever since my "one-hit wonder", What is a Name?, I've given up writing for this site. Still, I've been lurking religiously for years now.

Anyway, I'm a pianist (also a trained singer and mediocre violinist by hobby); I've been playing for 17 years. Now at the age of 22, I've just begun my final year of college, and by the end of this Spring semester, I should have my B.M. in Piano Performance. Among my favorite composers are Rachmaninoff (of course), Chopin (again, of course XD), Ravel, Mozart, and Bach, just to name a few.

I've been working tirelessly on my newest set of repertoire, which will serve as both my graduate school auditions (around February and March) and my Senior Recital (hopefully closer to late April). This set consists of:

1. Ballade No. 1, Op. 23, Chopin
2. Sonata No. 3, Op. 28, Prokofiev
3. Sonata No. 14 in C Minor, K. 457, Mozart
4. Toccata in G Major, BWV 916, Bach

Anyway, I realize there aren't many people in this group, but that doesn't really matter to me. I love talking to anyone about this little passion of mine, no matter how few, and most of the members of this fandom aren't particularly interested.

Nice to be here. I've been looking for something different to do on this site.

Sincerely,
Key

P.S. To CrackedInkWell: Your story, "Beethoven's Tenth", is highly relevant to my interests. In fact, it's how I discovered this neat little group in the first place. I love your concept, but you really weren't kidding when you said it's unedited. I don't have much time these days, but I'd be happy to offer some assistance now and again to do a little bit of polishing on the chapters you've got so far, and ones you post in the future. I have a very intimate knowledge of both grammar and things related to Classical music, so I believe I could be quite helpful.

CrackedInkWell
Group Admin

5462556 When it comes to anyone assisting me involving my stories, it's always been volunteer work. The Beethoven story is no exception when if someone wants to polish the mistakes on there, all they need to do is volunteer. With that being said, however, in the recent light of things, I should probably warn you about a curse of mine.

Keep in mind, this has happened to nearly everyone that has agreed to help me.

So I'm giving you, and everyone else, a bit of a warning:

If you want to volunteer to help me, you must know that right here and now, that from many people who had volunteered to help me, they did not last long. By agreeing to help me, you're at risk of money troubles, depression, computer failures, leaving the fandom, or disappear off the face of the earth. Do not attempt to help me unless you are 100% certain that not only can you finish it, but will. Volunteer at your own risk.

Hey there! I know you posted this ages ago but I hope you don't mind my necroing your thread haha (I'm desperate to talk about classical as well). Your repertoire sounds really cool! Hope it went well. What are you playing currently?

At the moment, I am working on Beethoven's 8th piano sonata, my favorite solo piano composition of his. I am merely a self-taught hobbyist and I have little free time right now, but it's going well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3