The Ultron Initiative 26 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Black Ultron
Group Admin

*Copypasta from my blog*

Yeah you knew this was going to happen.

I'm just gonna say this up front, Age of Ultron ain't perfect nor as good as the orginal but it is a worthy successor to it and you'll still love it.Watching Age of Ultron, it becomes awfully clear just how many fans writer/director Joss Whedon is trying to please—including himself. There are new fan-favorite characters, sure, but there are also Easter eggs from the comics, tie-ins to Marvel Universe shows like Agent Carter and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, It’s not that anything here isn’t pleasing, it’s just that…there’s kind of a lot of it.

From there, Age of Ultron is pretty much a nonstop thrill ride with romantic entanglements, cameos from old pals like Falcon and War Machine , some pitch-perfect archly evil voice work from James Spader as Ultron, no fewer than three city-crumbling fights on three continents, and enough fan service to keep pretty much everyone happy. Speaking of Ultron, as a villain, he was rather amazing but kinda like Vaz from Far Cry 3, he was under utilized and there wasn't enough of him. He could have been much better if he was better utilized in the film. The general plot, in case you’ve missed it in every trailer, is that Ultron becomes self-aware and immediately becomes a genocidal badass, one requiring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to stop him. There are at least a half-dozen subplots along the way (and the awesome Hulkbuster fight), but as you might guess it resolves with Stark and team facing off against the very monster he created.

Avengers: Age of Ultron isn’t perfect and while it lacks the 'magic' of it's predecessor film for various reasons but, it was as given the daunting task of tying together everything from Agent Carter to Guardians of the Galaxy while sling-shotting the Marvel Cinematic Universe into its Infinity Wars-dominated Phase Three. No other movie could’ve done that better than this one. Even if it’s a hot mess, you can’t say that its blood ever runs cold. So yeah....I say it's definitely worth you're time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1