#NotYourShield 70 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

i still don't get it:applejackconfused:

You see, sometimes people bully and lord over others on the internet. Sometimes to avoid criticism for this, they claim to speak in the name of some minority or some often unspoken-for or slightly dispossessed group of people, this happens a lot on Tumblr in particular. However, I don't like being one of the excuses, or human shields, to justify bullying and prevent criticism for bullying. Yeah I'm an Autist, and I'd really like it if more people understood Autism and thought better of it...but that doesn't mean I approve of people acting like they speak for me to keep getting away with mistreatment of others.

Oh, so that's what the "shield" meant...

Tumblr's bad. Tumblr made me cut myself. Literally. I hate that site, it got me on some bad and destructive habits...

Dancewithknives
Group Contributor

4331361 it started during Gamergate, with the "Gamers are dead" articles whicu were pit up by sites to say that the gamer identity was dead. In short, one of the first things that the news publications was that the scrutiny was caused because gamers hated that women and minorities were entering the community. Since that is largely false, and minorities were tired of being represented by people who they weren't asking for or needed, the hashtag was started as a blanket representation for women, LGBT, minorities and basically all non white men to show that they don't agree with the bigots who try to speak on their behalf.

Being a heterosexual white man, I am here to show support for the not your shield community even though i am not represented.

Tumblr often serves to enable unhealthy behaviors if you get caught in the wrong crowd.

and so you don't speak on behalf of any other heterosexual white men?

i followed a lot of people who cut themselves and vomited on other people while fangirling over K-pop boy bands. After getting sick of that, I quit Tumblr.

Dancewithknives
Group Contributor

4331446 i don't try to or claim to.

You came across that just for searching for Korean pop? :rainbowhuh: I'm sorry to hear that.

potato bug dickbutts

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10