Equestria Legends Online Fan Group 91 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Raybony
Group Contributor

Decided to bring up this topic, as I feel like some, or a lot of us never tried to fully understand what was Kayaba's original goal at trapping all the players inside a game he created. He even stated that he had forgotten what he originally intended it to be. All he claims was that he wanted to create a world where he could overpass the laws of the real world, as well to visit this supposed steel castle in the sky, Aincrad. So what does it mean? Why did he make SAO to trap players into it?

I believe this was because he wanted to create a world in his image, a world that overpasses that of the real world, one where people could live in a whole new way, a way that was not possible in the real world. And he wanted to be witness as it grew and expanded, he wanted for people to live in this world of his. I think this was the reason why he created the NerveGear, not to bring a new way of gaming, but a way to travel into a whole new world, and he wanted to make it a permanent trip for his world.

Why he gave the option of freedom to the players? To give them a reason to live in the world he created. If he hadn't, then players would have just given up, or killed themselves like a good number did at the start of the game.

While in the end Kayaba's plan was wrong morally, he didn't do it with ill intentions, but to see his world come to life.

What are your thoughts? What reasons do you think Kayaba did what he did in SAO? Go on a comment about it.

bluemoon1996
Group Contributor

Well, I've only watched the first two episodes of the anime:twilightblush:

He was the red cloaked dude right?

Raybony
Group Contributor

4336508 Yep. Now go finish the show before continuing the discussion. :twilightsmile:

bluemoon1996
Group Contributor

Umm.... I'm fine not knowing

I think he's just purely insane. I mean, spending all of that time on SAO then just deciding to use it as a kind of prison? Then he just committed suicide in the end anyways? Nothing speaks insane more than that.

Well okay, I can think of more insane things, but still!

Shadowflame
Group Admin

I think I agree with your post here. It certainly makes sense in the way you've described it, and it does fit Kayaba's behavior near the end of the first arc of the anime, and even the results of it seen at the end of the second arc, where Kirito temporarily attains Admin power, thanks to Kayaba giving him the key to accessing it.

I had this sort of thing in mind when I was writing a certain part, which we may or may not see in the next two chapters.:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6