Please Come Home, Sunset Shimmer! 144 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Am I having a stroke, or did they really just bring her back to Equestria SOLELY TO SHILL FOR GLIMMY?

WHERE ARE SHIMMER'S PARENTS? WHERE'S HER TEARFUL EMOTIONAL REUNION WITH CELESTIA? Where's any of this good stuff we COULD be getting if Glimmer wasn't the show's very own Canon Sue?!

Hey Hey, take it easy. hopefully those questions will be answered if there is a 5th EG movie next year. :raritywink:

EldritchNexus
Group Admin

I know, right? I waited four years for THAT?? I'm SOOOOO glad I didn't wait until July to watch the specials, or I would've been so damn pissed. Even in the human world, Starlight still gets to save the day over the characters that actually know how things work there. Why the hell do they even need Sunset Shimmer in the human world if Starlight Glimmer could get the job done so quickly? Then again, it's not like she needed to try all that hard; Juniper Montage was a crappy villain, anyway. Probably the most pathetic attempt at an antagonist that the EQG series has produced. Abacus Cinch didn't have any magical abilities at all, and she was still a better villain than Juniper flippin' Montage.

I can only hope that since Sunset has befriended Starlight, that she'll have more of a reason to continue visiting Equestria, do all those things we've wanted her to see, and maybe even appear in FiM.

hey Bauglir100, I got a status update for you from me: as of Tuesday of this week..... I have finished reading Sunset Rekindled! :pinkiehappy:

EldritchNexus
Group Admin

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Hell yeah! Hell, you could even justify her stupidity in the first movie by claiming it was due to a magical artefact messing with her head, making her want power and status and the feeling of being an evil mastermind without actually being aware that her power and status is utterly meaningless and she made a terrible evil mastermind. Also, how does the mirror portal work? Does it take you to one specific dimension, or where you're needed most, or where Friendship is needed most? Can it take you to any parallel universe? Any parallel universe that has enough in common with your universe of origin, likely due to safety protocols? (After all, who'd want to travel to a parallel universe only to find that this universe's gravity doesn't work properly?) Is transforming into something that can live safely in the target universe another safety protocol? (After all, if you went to a gravity-less universe full of soft beings evolved to exist in minimal or no air pressure, you'd want to temporarily become one to survive while looking around)

Can you take things from one universe to another? Can you visit an AU that never happened, one where world-changing events were caused by ponies that were never born? Can you crash economies by dedicating a whole formerly-warring universe to baked goods production and then ship them out to your home universe?

THESE are questions that need to be answered, not "How hard will the writers try to make people forgive Glimmer for causing multiple apocalypses, laserblasting a Cutie Markless foal, enslaving a town, stealing Cutie Marks, brainwashing ponies, and generally breaking every law ever all because one friend moved away when she was a foal and she never thought to write to him?"!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6