Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Hello, Sorry about making so many new threads, it just so many ideas in my head, too many. Welp, on with it, cause :twilightsmile: Science Waits for No One, :twilightsheepish: I've been reading through the Cannon, but it is slow work. I've been sitting here doing nothing but thinking. Mild Insomnia is great for that, but getting of topic.

I have several questions, and I honestly don't know how to ask them. But I'll try anyway.

First off, what is the level of non-magical understanding in Equestria? I mean what school level, or is it all over the place?

Second, I've asked this question before. But how much can one rely on human scientific knowledge when it comes to applying it to "Spells" and general "Magic"? Does it completely follow the four fundamental forces of physics? Does it follow them in some areas and ignore them in others? Or does Magic just give reality the finger and royally and utterly screw the law of conservation of mass and energy sideways with a rusty fork?... sorry, thats my minor in physics talking.

And Third, for now.. does Chemistry working the same way, as it does on Earth? Or is it tied into 'magic?'

David Silver
Group Admin

5208985 Hi there! Do you mean what is the general level of education in the sciences? Generally low and very specialized. A pony that works on trains knows all kinds of things about trains and directly related to trains, but he likely knows next to nothing about chemistry outside of what makes his engine run.

Magic can break the rules, but the more you buck the rules, the harder it is. The energy involved has to be generated from somewhere, and that can come right out of the pony responsible, which is why unicorns in the Silver Verse get awful hungry when doing any significant magic as their mass is converted into energy to do the madness they have in mind. Such harsh flows can also cause harm to the sensitive channeling tool that is their horn.

If you take a bottle of oxygen and hydrogen and throw them together, it'll make a nice bang and water will result! Chemistry seems to work just fine in the show, so far I know? And the Silver Verse hasn't perverted that.

Well now, thank you for answering them! It's good to know that my general Engineering and Physics knowledge won't be wasted, and chemistry is fun, cause, I now have anti-timberwolf bombs... HELLO Thermite and black powder.... :pinkiehappy: BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Oh, question, the spell alphabet, can it be turned into runes? And perhaps engraved onto a gem?

I'm thinking of options here, because to put it bluntly, I'm a weak squishy pink biped, with mobility problems.. cerebral palsy tends to do that, :twilightblush:. But honestly, screw physical limitations when you can create technological and/or magical solutions.... or both.. magitech if you will? *shrugs* hell I don't know.. with the all ways you can possibly "Cheat" the system aka reality, it has a lot of potential for abuse, both good and bad... :pinkiecrazy:

David Silver
Group Admin

5209467 Magic devices seem rare in pony world. Rather, devices that fuel themselves rather than requiring a unicorn to be powering them as the function. I can only think of... one? The Elements of Harmony.

Making unicorn letters work without the focus and power of a unicorn hooked up to them is going to be quite the task.

Ahh, I was tossing ideas around about making a Battery Gem of sorts, something that converts potential energy, into electrical energy, or I could simply go with a purely tecnological solution, water wheel, or wind generators are a possible way to make power, given time, resources and assistance... I'll work on it, do you mind if I ask for help with all this, I mean proof reading, etc?

David Silver
Group Admin

I am the opposite of a proof reader :D

Damn it,
:pinkiegasp: Oh no! Not.. Not, a dreaded hypothetical reader!, welp, we're boned.. (a Theory and/or hypothesis being the opposite of Proof), but I have the intro mostly finished.. um.. yay?

David Silver
Group Admin

5211851 How's it coming?

Slowly, very slowly.. *sigh*

David Silver
Group Admin

5284670 Write more, edit less. That's my philosophy. There's a time for both, but never at the same time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10