Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Before i start on my story, i have a few questions about things that are brought over.
mind, i have already chosen what im bringing over, these are for possible rerolls/new characters. and yes, i do have these items.
1. if i bring over a vehicle, will there be rules of fuel consumption or is the fuel unlimited?
2. are there any limits on what paths of life The Text can offer?
3. if i bring over a firearm, will rounds be consumed or are there bottomless clips.
4. Can The Text open paths that grant resistances i.e. magic, pain, etc.
5. when bending the rules that (so far) the text has put forth, is there a limit to the bending, i mean, silver brought his desk and everything in it/on it he got pushed further back. if i were to bring my gun safe and everything in it, including the foundry, what kinds of ranges can i expect to be pushed back?
6. in conjunction with number 5, can i ask for my house and everything in it.
7. does it have to be me who goes to equestria, or can i make up a character to go. i.e. im a californian white dude, could i make for example an alaskan inuit or an 1940s german.
8. what things under the rules of the silververse, are not allowed under any circumstances to be taken with the main character.
9. do i have to change into a pony at some point, or can i stay human.
10. if i do decide to change, do i have to change into a pony, or can i choose for instance, become a dragon or a griffon or something else.

David Silver
Group Admin

1. Supplies are not... supplied? So whatever was in the car at the time would be what you get. This would mean your car could be loaded with stuff if it happened to be at the time you were yanked by The Text. A car is a severe item, and is going to get you a very exciting and possibly short run. More loot in it would amp that up. Not recommended.
2. That's up to your Text! If you want to be Inner Circle, just keep it... sensible? And that's more a matter of execution, considering the original character we have to work with. Don't make Equestria explode violently, since that would make any other stories set in the universe kind of difficult.
3. I hope your gun had bullets in it, or was already in a bag with some bullets, because reloads are not provided.
4. Sure! It may not be the way you want. For easy example, a person that wanted to know magic could just be made into a unicorn. It's relatively simple and even reduces the negative impact of having another human around. Total victory!
5. Foundry? I think Foundry and I think a whole room. Please define?
6. You could, and would end up somewhere in immediate danger and away from ponies. See Waves of Change.
7. Oh, man, of course you can make up folks. I've written far too many stories for them all to be me.
8. I'm not sure what you mean?

Hope that helps!

4781368 a foundry is something small, it makes bullets. so if i have the right resources, i have access to unlimited bullets.
i read more on the humans section and you said they had their on aetheric web but they dont use it often. what i was thinking is that the human could be taught channeling or something like that without being shifted. and for number 8, i mean things that are extremely dangerous, such as a tank, or a nuclear warhead.
speaking of which, when bringing things over, does it have to be things that i personally own or if i make a tank commander, or a space fighter pilot from the future can he bring his tank/mecha plane and everything inside including the crew and munitions?
if i have a large enough container, can i bring other humans?
did you read question 9 and 10?

David Silver
Group Admin

4781383 You can only bring things you actually own. I don't even think it's legal for anyone to own a tank in most places, just governments, which are not a person.
The Text wants an interesting story, so bringing a nuke has immediate issues, to begin with the fact that nobody it pokes is going to have a good one laying about. At best, one of those little dirty jobs that'd just make a big mess. It'd also get them shoved somewhere likely to die immediately.
I would avoid anyone from the future, since the idea is a more grounded start. We avoid the whole super powered thing to begin with 'thing'. Displaced, this universe is not.
... You are amazingly the first person to ask if they can stuff a friend in a backpack... Technically legal! They wouldn't get to bring anything though, just a possible resentment towards you.
Could a human learn some kind of magic? Sure, but be very careful in how you phrase that, and in how you seek it, or hooves are in your future.
You put in more questions! Do you have to become a pony? Nope. Jake and his buddy are both still humans after years.
It's a story. Your story. Make up some mistake to get turned into something else and make it amusing and logical. Ponies just have it easy with their mastery of magic, of course, it could be a pony that turns you into a griffon. Why? Let's find out! Get to writing.

4781392 to answer your doubts about people owning tanks, may i direct your attention to a guy who drives his kids to school in a tank.

David Silver
Group Admin

4781395 Such a tank would be entirely unarmed. It would just be a very durable and heavy car, in the end. Good chance it'd get stuck in the wild wilderness of Equestria. Most weren't meant to handle those kinds of conditions.

4781403 yes, but if i had the character be a wwii tank commander, and he decides to bring his tank complete with the people inside, what then?

David Silver
Group Admin

4781409 A commander does not 'own' a tank. If you mean a decommissioned tank he bought afterwards? Then legal. Again, the people inside would have nothing, possibly not even a warning before hand, since you aren't given time to prepare. You answer what you want, poof, you are gone. No last minute phone calls to prepare.

Did The Text catch you in the tank? How did everyone happen to be in said tank?

4781444 mind, this is just theory crafting, i'm trying to find the limits set in this 'verse.

David Silver
Group Admin

4781604 No harm in that. I hope I'm helping! I'd love to see more Silver verse stories. :)

4781616 yeah you are helping. do i need to show you the story before i submit it to the group? so you can make sure it falls within parameters?

David Silver
Group Admin

4782064 You can toss it right up. If I think it follows -all the rules- then it gets sucked into the inner verse. If it's clearly inspired by, but doesn't quite follow all the rules, it goes in the outer verse. Inner or outer, I look forward to your story!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12