Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Hey, so, I found Ponyfinder after Silver Quill talked about it on his channel, and it seems interesting. What I want to know is, for someone who has never played a D&D game or anything like it, How do I play? And are there groups I can join?

After reading the rules, I want to know, with my usual attire (heavy boots, ripstop jeans, leather jacket, walking staff and SOG Spirit (I live near the boonies, potheads and homeless love my backyard gotta keep them away)) where would I spawn if I went to Equestria?

David Silver
Group Admin

4768791 There's the Ponyfinder group here on Fimfic, also, http://forum.ponyfinder.net/ which is the official forum of Ponyfinder and has plenty of people.

Back to more Silver-versy things, is that a knife? That's what google tells me. A knife isn't a high-rating item. If you're literally showing up with what's in your pockets, and the fanciest thing there is a knife, and your one object is a staff, you could start most anywhere. Nowhere 'too' convenient, so you won't be starting in a sympathetic pony's living room and/or bed, but you could end up in a town square.

4768871 the SOG spirit knife is a combat throwing knife with a detachable blade that can be fastened to a stick to form a spear. Thats just my EDC. If I have to choose one thing to take with me that I own, I would take my mountain bike and all my gear to maintain it. Also, the walking staff doubles as a quarterstaff.
The walking staff is part of my EDC. The gear would be in my hunting backpack.

David Silver
Group Admin

4768882 You couldn't have the bike and the staff, and you couldn't have the bike AND its tools unless they all fit together in a bag and you had it in that bag, just waiting to go.

You get one thing!

4768887 ok, i would take the bike. And funnily enough, i do actually have a grab and go bag full of bike repair materials and other bits and bobs. And its on a mountain rack that i mount on to my bike when i do long (100mi+) trips.

4768887 now that i think about it, depending on where i end up, i could just pick up a stout stick.

David Silver
Group Admin

4768891 You don't get to pick what you're bringing after you arrive. :D And you have a bag of parts... and a bike. Those are two separate things still.

I mean it if was one of those foldy bikes that you kept in a satchel WITH parts, then you could take the bag, which would have the parts and a bike, win!

A working bike+parts would exclude you from showing up in town, but not be high-rated enough to shove you somewhere immediately hostile, just a bit distant. But hey, you have a bike. You can ride to town, if you can find one.

4768899 ...i will keep the mountain bike, no need for the parts. every self respecting rider has a small saddlebag attached to their bike for field repairs, consisting of spare tubes, patch kits and multipasses-i mean multitools. and im not allowed to pick up a stick in the middle of a forest?

and im a self respecting biker.

David Silver
Group Admin

4768904 Oh sure, once you get here, your fate is in your hands, so pick up that stick. It won't bite, probably, usually.

i f i need to replace parts, i can just get a job at the local blacksmith and forge the pieces myself.

4768907 my one thing to take with me will be the mountain bike with attached saddlebag, because my knife is part of my EDC. since i have a low penalty carry, i choose to spawn in the outskirts of white tail woods.

David Silver
Group Admin

4768912 You're ready for your wild adventure! Now get to writing.

4768916 *keyboards intensifies*

4768916 if i had chosen to take a crossbow and quiver, where would i land?

David Silver
Group Admin

4768920 Outright weapons, especially of the ranged variety, gets you shoved away further. Possibly up in the mountains, but not bad enough for the badlands.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16