Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
David Silver
Group Admin

I want more activity around this place, so I'll put my money where my mouth is. A challenge! Write a Silver Verse story, outer or potentially inner verse, either is fine. It should be at least 2k words, but more is good! If your story passes a basic looking over, you get $4 worth of Ponyfinder books. First place, as judged harshly by me, gets $25 worth, $15 for second, and $10 for third. If there aren't at least 5 entries, I reserve the right to withhold the larger prizes.

One entry per person, though I won't object to more, but only the first gets graded per person.

Entries are open until the end of April. Questions, thoughts? Let me know!

So what do we get if we already have all of the Ponyfinder books? :duck:

David Silver
Group Admin

4269996 Hmmm... You're making this harder!

4270088 I have... most of them, I think. I still might write something, if I get bored and don't want to write something for my other stories. :derpytongue2:

Well, I'm in. I assume Equestria Diaries doesn't count, as it finished before the announcement, but I will have something else up well within the time limit.

I hope I don't make the top 3, as I'd like to read a bunch of new, quality Silververse material.

David Silver
Group Admin

4269996 New book published! A Clockwork Equine! You can't stop me from writing! Next up is earth ponies.

4271243 It is true I don't have the novel books...

I would suggest Ring the Bell ch2 ought to be a permissible entry, assuming it is forthcoming and meets the 2k word requirement.

David Silver
Group Admin

4274592 is that part of a story?

4275307 Greycait's previous entry in the Inner Silververse. Ch1 reads like a good start not a finished one-shot, still hoping to see where it goes next.

David Silver
Group Admin

4275320 If they continue, I could accept that.

Strictly speaking, I believe Itinerant Kingdom is the only qualified entrant.
Ring the Bell was posted before the contest was announced and never updated since, and NiE is under the minimum, but could both be considered if you like. And my own Friends Like These and Kingdom in Shadows would be ruled out by the one entry per person rule.

Too bad, I was hoping for more fics.

David Silver
Group Admin

4327627 Indeed, I am filled with sadness. Ah well. What can you do?

I can alternate between writing chapters for three different stories, much like yourself. But I can't get others to write stories.

David Silver
Group Admin

4340049 Well, you did participate. What were you hoping for a reward?

Two more collaboration chapters in Kingdom in Shadows, at a time of my chosing, would be ideal. :)

While I have 0 of the Ponyfinder books, I also don't know that I would make the time to read them if I had them.

David Silver
Group Admin

4340080 You are a fiend, sir! That's a bit more in value than the offered prize.

Then shall we agree upon a credit toward such? Whatever dollar amount you deem suitable.

David Silver
Group Admin

4340300 We'll figure it out. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20