The (Dead) Unofficial FAQ Group 48 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just found this out:

Once the new official one's posted, I'll compare it to the changes I already made and see what's been left out. I can still do an unofficial one that has everything the new version leaves out, and I can always have an unofficial version of the new revised one, once it's out of date. Wonder how long before it's posted?

--Sweetie Belle

How's that for weird timing? :rainbowderp:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah. The pity is I already made some really good changes to the old version, and I bet some of 'em won't be as good in the new version.

I suppose it had been long enough that it makes sense that it'd be about done.

That comment was because I posted about this group in the comments for the official FAQ. I think Meeester regularly looks through them.

--Sweetie Belle

Furry Communist
Group Contributor

4159569 Since it's already been rewritten, I suppose the 'knighty needs to update the FAQ' part of the group name can be removed.
I'll still continue to work on the unofficial FAQ even after the official one gets updated.

And I might compile some other material unrelated to the main FAQ for this group as well.
We totally need a group FAQ.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I figure I'll remove that part of the name after the new one gets posted. It still needs to be updated until the rewritten version is posted, after all.

Once the new one is up, I figure we can compare them to see what's missing, and we could probably do an unofficial FAQ that's more of a supplement to the official one, instead of replacing it. We can still create other, more specialized ones, too, and if the official one is still missing things or drifts out of date again, we're ready.

I decided to make you an admin, by the way...

We do, don't we?

--Sweetie Belle

Furry Communist
Group Contributor

4159613 Thanks! I promise I won't abuse my power.
Yeah. One of us should probably make it.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem! I figured you were the main other one that seemed actually interested in doing rewriting. Unfortunately, being an admin doesn't let you edit posts, so I'll still have to update the main post if you have changes, of course.

Most likely, yeah.

--Sweetie Belle

Awesome saves you a job sweetie

~Scootaloo

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Depends how good a job they did. Besides, I didn't ask how long ago it was revised. It coulda been sitting complete for months waiting for somepony to add it, for all I know.

--Sweetie Belle

4160876 true let's hope they did a good job :scootangel:

~Scootaloo

Meeester
Group Contributor

Something like that, yeah

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Anything I can do to help?

Also, you must get asked a lot of questions over and over again. If you want to post your own FAQ thread here that you can just point to, that'd be fine by me.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12