I Support Gamergate 23 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
ChangelingLumin
Group Admin

Hi folks, I'm ChangelingLumin

A gamer and writer who is tired of being belittled by the games media. I'm an active supporter of Gamergate, and I'm a fan of MundaneMatt. I learned about this community through him.

So why not tell me a bit about your selves

Flowey
Group Admin

4143534 Hi my name is DarkLordGig I am ChanglingLumins brother (Probably misspelled that) I love drama of any kind (I get bored at my apartment a lot so please don't get to mad at me) and I always love to joke around with other people.

4143534 Hello I am Alp-Luachra a stomach parasite that will eat all of your food.

KaBar42
Group Admin

I've been involved with #GamerGate for a while now. I actually really started getting into it about two months after it began.

However, unfortunately, GamerGate's gone from just being about corruption, to an all out culture war and a battle against censorship. They need to accept responsibility. Gawker attacked gamers and then was shocked when someone finally stood up from their punch instead of cowering and said "Fuck You." and hit right back.

Gawker, unsure of what to do because this hasn't happened before, cried misogyny. So far, GamerGate's been pushing back harder. We've cost them something like six figures. Have pushed charity drives above and beyond (including one that was to buy a console for women and girls living in a shelter that helped victims of the illegal sex trade. We more than doubled their original goal.) We've exposed several layers of corruption. Through Wikipedia, the Media, devs and Gawker.

So, through this all, I have to thank you for making this group on FIMFic. I was thinking of doing it, but didn't think it'd fit on FIMFic.

Now... we've leveled up, shitlords.

I support gamergate. Gaming 'Journalism' was practically openly corrupt since I started playing games way back in 2001 (PS 1 era ruled!), but I was fine with the Paid-PR up until all these whiny hipsters in their mid-twenties with useless Degrees started to play art-critic. The rising pretentiousness in the industry irritated me; then the irritation turned to anger after Kotaku published a hit-piece on Warhorse Studios for the dreadful crime of politely disagreeing with a utterly bonkers Tumblrinna, re-opening my eyes and strengthening my resolve. Something needed to be done for the 'Journalists' were out of control, un-professional, and just didn't seem to care about Gaming.

I'm not kidding; as the years went by I started to feel that they only wanted Gaming to be viewed as a artform just to advance their own godawful careers. But then the 'Five Guys' scandal happened, finally drawing all the bullshit built up from the past decade to rise to the surface in a magnificent shitstorm that finally awoke a stagnant industry. Now I will admit, it was quite shocking at first to see Jim Stirling and Company just turn out to be ass-kissing pricks, but then I finally realized that these people made tons of money for doing absolutely nothing at all. Now I'm just laughing at their incessant whines for pity-bucks. Come on, you could at least face your rising irrelevancy like a man, like ELPRESADOR did:

Oh, and fuck Bob Chipman.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5