The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Calm Wind
Group Admin

(This is currently a placeholder with the basics until i have time to write a more organized version)

The Wonderverse: Concepts

Non-canon

Relation to mlpcanon:

The Wonderverse is a personal version of the canon mlp universe I’ve developed over the course of my stories. It is separated from the show, but I acknowledge events that have occurred in the show up through the end of season three. (Started writing my first story after season 2)

Differences in the Wonderverse:

While the “Wonder” of the name comes from the fact that I have tried going above and beyond in developing the Wonderbolts, I felt the name fitting because it is the normal pony world… with the abilities of the ponies increased far beyond the limits shown in the show which all differ by race. Earth Ponies are capable of tremendous feats of strength, Unicorns can do much, much more with their magic almost on a green lantern level, and Pegasi sport incredible flight speed and can execute quite awesome maneuvers depending on how much they’ve refined the skill.

The Wonderbolts come into great focus because they are ponies capable of incredibly amazing feats of flight in a world where everything is ALREADY much more awesome. But keep in mind, because the heroes are all more awe inspiring… so are the villains. Leading to interesting conflicts (in the stories that have such encounters).

The Wonderbolts:

The Wonderbolts are given a large focus in the timeline of the Wonderverse canon. In it, they are a unique special force of 80 extraordinary pegasi, all heavily trained in the event that a threat proves to be far too much for the royal guard. They are known by the public as stunt flyers and show ponies, but their true purpose lies in their ability to meet and defend against abnormal threats.

Each Wonderbolt has a signature skill that they train and refine to perfection. One that plays to their strengths limiting the exposure of their weaknesses. Their elite ranks are divided into Squads of four, from squad one all the way to squad twenty. The top of the hierarchy is squad one through three in descending order as the commanding elites, then squad 4-10 are high tier elites, 11-20 low tier elites. They keep a hooffull of recruit squads of five around and constantly train them to be ready to fill in should a squad member of the elites retire or be unavailable.

They are incredibly selective in who they recruit… a challenge that, if any pegasi were to be accepted into their ranks, it would be a legendary life achievement.

Misc points worth mentioning:

The Griffon Kingdom: a mix of Klingons and Spartans. A culture defined by one's ability to be a warrior Constantly on and off war with the Drake Empire (more details later)

Canterlot: Is not a city suspended on a mountainside, rather an ENORMOUS city built near a mountain range that rivals manehatten in size. It is heavily separated by class, the high class ponies living in the center, the middle class further out, and the poor living on the farthest reaches. All trains coming in and out travel across bridges that go over the lower class districts towards a large station in the middle of the city.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1