The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Walabio
Group Admin

The Death of my cousin reminds me of the vaccinations against H1N1 in 12,009 HE:

Back in 2,009 HE, we had an outbreak of H1N1-Influenza. Because the Pandemic of 11,918 HE was an H1N1 too. We feared that the 12,009-Strain would be as lethal. Luckily, it was about average for Influenza. We got a traditional injectable vaccine and a new nasal vaccine. For Thanksgiving (an American Holiday on the last Thursday of November, my 2 cousins (sisters) visited Sonoma County. It was the 1st Thanksgiving since the death of mine Aunt, their Mother.

She, the smoking Cousin with Asthma, got the injectable vaccine because none were certain how the nasal vaccine would interact with asthma (nasal vaccines never caught on for fears of recipients sneezing them away —— ¡I certainly do not want to risk sneezing away my vaccine!).

¡The Winter and Autumn of 12,009 and the Winter of 12,010 were the start of having to interact with an incompetent Public HealthCareSystem!:

The County HealthDepartment only offered vaccines Monday-Through-Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. ⸘What about us working slobs‽ It took months for me to get vaccinated. If H1N1 would have turned out like the H1N1 of 11,918, I and hundreds of thousands of people in Sonoma County could have died. I complained. I was not the only 1:

The County received over 100 thousand complaints. ¡Heads rolled!

Back in Winter of 12,021, the CountyHealthDepartment, had a VaccineRollOut against SARS-CoV-2 like a well oiled machine. I got my 1st doze in February and my 2nd dose in March. ¡It was like an AssemblyLine! It was so much better.

The death of my cousin made me reminisce, which reminded me about her comment about the nasal vaccine, which reminded me about the ClusterFuck of 12,009 in Sonoma County.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1