Harmonists' Archive 346 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I've got an idea in mind, decently well fleshed out but can't write summarys a damn, so I finally came up with one I find halfway decent and would like other's opinions since, it's my own work and therefore I'm biased to like or hate it.

Discord is an old creature, far older than the planet he calls home, thankfully coming across it in its early days as the loneliness had nearly finished eating away at what sanity he had left in his mind. He'd been wandering around, avoiding a war that had been waging for countless eons all around him everywhere. But as the planet grew up and he frolicked around on it, playing games with its inhabitants he banished all thoughts of violence, minus the things happening under his careful watch.

But one night that all changed as he felt one of them, the beings that started the war, come into existence near the planet he called home. The only question is the war over? Or is it just beginning again?

Eh?

Could use less commas, needs more structure, maybe put the events in chronological order in happenings, to avoid them feeling so random (even if the story features Discord as the main character), and all that last snippet of a paragraph into the full paragraph, or split the full into many more smaller ones.

Discord is an old creature and countless eons ago he had been wandering around, avoiding a war that had been waging for as long as he had been alive all around him everywhere. While traveling all by his lonesome he could feel his sanity leaving him, the inky black not helping with his thoughts. One day though, or night, he thankfully came across a young and budding planet, full of playful life. As the planet grew up and he frolicked around on it, playing games with its inhabitants he banished all thoughts of violence. Instead opting for a smidgen of chaos here and there. But one night that all changed as he felt one of them, the beings that started the war, come into existence near the planet he called home. The only question is the war over? Or is another home going to burn to the ground?

How's that?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4