Equestrian Scale Modelers Society 51 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

First i surprised that how huge the fandom is and how much figurines and plushies bronies crafting and how costly they are.
Next i surprised that nobrony craft not yet sceneries and layouts of MLP. So i started it and not believed that so tiny ponies are possible to craft. But its possible and even easier to do than those soldiers around 1/72 scale static models.

I have some shots, how to craft them and hope that some railway brony tries too.

How i did Shoeshine. Other ponies crafted with same way.

Houses:

Im in beginning of building the Ponyville, but taht will show, how beautiful will be that layout.

:raritystarry: this is amazing ! i have to admit i never thought of making HO-oo scale ponies before, I did see a bachmann american 4-4-0 in a charity shop the other day so maybe ill have a crack at the Appaloosan steamer from over a barrel.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

seriously, this has blown me away and I never thought when I started up this group that we would see this here, these make for delightful and charming little models and I personally look forward to seeing this progress in the future

out of curiosity, what sort of size are the ponies?

I understand due to the physical restraignts of working at such a scale they might be overscale to HO, in true HO scale an adult pony should work out at between 14 mms and 17.mms, at least according to this chart:

of course if that's too small you could try OO scale (British equivalent to HO), in which case they would be between 16mms and 20mms. or you could go to S scale (1:64th): 19mm-23.8mm

My ponies are a bit oversized. Reason - layout have modular system and ready for mix with similar modules by other railfans. That mean the houses must be at same size with usual model railway buildings. Adult pony are here 17mm tall at head. Here are one railwayman among them:

(I disagree with that size chart, by their beahvior and movements i felt that adult pony cant be bigger than rottweiler and cant have over 50kg weight. That means their houses must be small like childern playing houses in kindergardens.)

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

5331819 so,assuming they are to scale with the chart, they are OO scale, or you could argue that they are 1:82nd scale, which was a hybrid scale used by Lima for their british outline models in the 70s and 80s.

I disagree with that size chart, by their behavior and movements i felt that adult pony cant be bigger than rottweiler and cant have over 50kg weight.

1. cartoon physics + "magic"
2. this, which uses the size of a cow during that stampede to work out the size of applejack

so between three and five feet, but really I'd go with the same size you did.

besides: modelers license and headcanons play very heavily with prospective modeling like this

20mm (4/5inches) tall Best Princess

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

5397868 nice work

How i did my Little Luna. I find even a quarter dollar for size example.

And i finished another non - railway related Luna thing too.

First i seen a funny comics by Mysticalpha.

Then i drew, how that Donut Princess will look- and earned somewhere in deviantart a rant over fat fetish.

Then i drew her on standing her legs to show that she are moderate chubby not obese like my other equine characters usually is.

And result went rather cute:

Long silence? Tip - how to make a streetlight. I did it less than 1 hour. Ok it need to be paint.

House itself.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

Whats better than a foal? More Foals!

Not so great and powerful.

Some views

These are incredible!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15